Author Topic: No Wall on buildings  (Read 7242 times)

Al Boulianne

No Wall on buildings
« on: July 20, 2013, 04:32:56 pm »
Hi, I just purchased KLAX and all his there including gates and roof but no walls.

I reinstalled. Same things.

Please help.

Thanks
Al

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Wall on buildings
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 09:45:43 pm »
Not a problem of the scenery but, most likely, video memory corruption that happens only after a flight, likely caused by a bugged video drivers, an outdated video driver, a tweak in the video drivers which shouldn't have been applied and a tweak in the FSX.CFG that shouldn't have been applied too or it's missing. Or, even a combination of all these issues.

- First try to reset your video driver settings to default. Be sure you don't use "Transparency Antialiasing" (or "Adaptive Anti-aliasing" ), as explained on the scenery manual.

- If that doesn't work, try to update your video driver too.

- If that doesn't work, try to reset your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, to have FSX rebuild a new one with default settings, be sure you have the "Advanced Animation" option enabled.

- Be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak to the FSX.CFG, you can enabled it with the Addon Manager too.

- Be sure you DO NOT run FSX.EXE in any of the "Compatibility" settings in Windows 7. It must run as Microsoft installs it by default, with everything turned off on the Compatibility page of the FSX.EXE Properties.

Al Boulianne

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 03:45:28 am »
- If that doesn't work, try to reset your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, to have FSX rebuild a new one with default settings, be sure you have the "Advanced Animation" option enabled.

How to do that?

- Be sure you DO NOT run FSX.EXE in any of the "Compatibility" settings in Windows 7. It must run as Microsoft installs it by default, with everything turned off on the Compatibility page of the FSX.EXE Properties.

How to do that?

I did the rest same problem.
Al
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:06:26 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 01:05:58 pm »
How to do that?

Just remove that file, or move it to another location, this will force FSX to rebuild a new one with all default settings.

To uncheck the Compatibility mode for FSX.EXE, right click on it, select "Properties" and then "Compatibility". Nothing should be enabled on that page.

Al Boulianne

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 09:00:56 pm »
I did that and not only it didn't work but I lost the wall of my aircrafts. I put back the old CFG and aircraft wall are back normal but still problem with no wall for the LAX airport. Regarding the passenger bridges to the plane it took at least 15 seconds for that to appear.

What is wrong and how can I fixe it?

Al

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 09:46:50 pm »
I did that and not only it didn't work but I lost the wall of my aircrafts.

What's an aircraft wall ? By removing that file, you are JUST reverting FSX to default settings: if something doesn't work with default settings, something is very wrong with your FSX install then.

Regarding the passenger bridges to the plane it took at least 15 seconds for that to appear.

That's not a problem of the scenery too, but a clear indication that something is seriously wrong with either you FSX install or your video card settings.

Jetways are NOT controlled by our software module, which is why if our software is not running, the only thing you'll see are exactly jetways. Jetways are in the scenery AFCAD, and they are controlled by FSX, and are loaded even before the airplane is ready to fly, and nobody ever reported a problem with jetways being "late".

What is wrong and how can I fixe it?

All known solutions has already been posted in my previous message:

- First try to reset your video driver settings to default. Be sure you don't use "Transparency Antialiasing" (or "Adaptive Anti-aliasing" ), as explained on the scenery manual.

- If that doesn't work, try to update your video driver too.

- Be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak to the FSX.CFG, you can enabled it with the Addon Manager too.

Al Boulianne

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 04:45:12 pm »
Not sure what you mean by:

Can you please explained? Also why only LAX is causing me problems and not the others FSDREAM sceneries?

Thanks

Al

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 10:44:30 am »

Right-click on the FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility"

Also why only LAX is causing me problems and not the others FSDREAM sceneries?

Is not that KLAX is "causing" a problem.

Is AFFECTED by something wrong in your configuration, most likely the Compatibility setting, which has some effect on how video drivers runs, which affects only sceneries that use advanced materials, and KLAX is the first scenery that used advanced materials even on buildings.

Al Boulianne

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 11:07:52 pm »
For compatibility. Only Run this program as an administrator is selected. Is it ok?

Is there any other testing program to check what can be the problem?

Al

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 11:38:58 am »
For compatibility. Only Run this program as an administrator is selected. Is it ok?

That's the only setting that can be safely used.

Al Boulianne

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 01:40:18 pm »
Still problem not fixe.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 10:18:22 pm »
I can only confirm that *parts* of buildings not visible (opposite to no buildings at all), it's nothing related to our scenery, and it's caused by either video driver problems or the Compatibility mode.

In fact, it's really a video driver problem, it's just the Compatibility mode forces video drivers to work in legacy mode, triggering the bug. But it might also appear with no Compatibility mode, if the bug or video driver/settings problem is just...a bug...and not a result of the Compatibility mode set.

All (few) users that ever reported this problem, fixed it either by doing one of the things I've already listed in my previous message about the fsx.cfg reset OR by being sure no Compatibility mode was enabled.

Check also another thing: DO NOT enable "Transparency Anti-aliasing", also known (on ATI cards) as AAA Antialiasing. This is also indicated in the KLAX manual.