Author Topic: FS9 shuts down unexpectedly after KORD installation  (Read 4313 times)

matta757

FS9 shuts down unexpectedly after KORD installation
« on: September 01, 2008, 06:49:39 am »
Hi,

I installed the KORD scenery last night and since then have experienced a problem with FS9 shutting down for no reason. It happens when I try to click on stuff on the screen, such as trying to grab and move the ATC window. It has also happened when I have accidentally clicked on the screen (but not on a particular function). I tried disabling the KORD scenery and this did not help the problem. It doesn't just happen at O'Hare either, it happens elsewhere as well. Anyone know what the problem is?

Thank you,

Matt Armstrong
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 07:42:42 pm by matta757 »

waynelp

Re: FS9 shuts down unexpectedly after KORD installation
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 03:49:20 am »
This has been a problem with addon scenery that I and most of the fellows I fly with have problems with. FS9  has conflicts within itself because of the addons. There are addons which it doesn't like and then the problems develop. It is basically an internal problem. Try to find out which one caused the CTD by eliminating all the addons and extras. get a good running FS9 going and then add them one at a time until things happen. I usually have it happen when the same scenerys which are in there sometimes twice or a different version together.
That is maybe one problem. I hope your computer is big enough to handle it all.
 ;D :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FS9 shuts down unexpectedly after KORD installation
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 11:24:53 am »
It happens when I try to click on stuff on the screen, such as trying to grab and move the ATC window.

It's difficult a scenery can cause this. It looks more like a video driver problem or another background program that is interfering with FS9.

I tried disabling the KORD scenery and this did not help the problem. It doesn't just happen at O'Hare either, it happens elsewhere as well.

Then is almost sure it's not the scenery.