Author Topic: Annoying Beeping  (Read 9113 times)

cwaterwo

Annoying Beeping
« on: July 19, 2013, 10:13:00 am »
Hi fsdt crew,

I have recently begun getting an annoying, continuous beeping in the F/A-18. It sounds similar to an ECG machine. A monotone beep of equal spacing (not morse),but it does change in flight to a higher or lower pitch depending on location and direction of airport. I thought it was DME/VOR/Radios, but everything relating to controlling these functions won't turn it off.

I'd greatly appreciate some assistance in resolving this.

Best Regards,
Chris

cwaterwo

Re: Annoying Beeping
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 01:44:32 pm »
Hello again,

Thanks to those who took the time to view my post. My problem appeared to have stumped all onlookers.

Another observation I made was the beep actually got deeper as my speed increased on throttle up and got higher again in pitch as I slowed back down.

Anyhow, after much more online searching, I performed an action I have never done before, that was to delete the FSX CFG file and allow it to rebuild one.

Hey Presto!! it fixed my problem.

Best Regards.

Bretched

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 06:55:22 pm »
Had the same issue.... I believe after adding new hud.... I found pushing pause on then off stopped it so could hit some switches in the VC... I finally hit the fuel dump switch on the left side just behind the throttle...and the sound started up... So i just went and took the fueldump alarm sound file out of the main sound file in FSX and the problem went away... But now there is no alarm when you are acctually dumping fuel.

Orion

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 07:15:08 pm »
Interesting.  Thanks for sharing your solution - hopefully it'll help those who run into it in the future. :)

cwaterwo

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 10:05:48 am »
Had the same issue.... I believe after adding new hud.... I found pushing pause on then off stopped it so could hit some switches in the VC... I finally hit the fuel dump switch on the left side just behind the throttle...and the sound started up... So i just went and took the fueldump alarm sound file out of the main sound file in FSX and the problem went away... But now there is no alarm when you are acctually dumping fuel.

Legend Mate!!!!!!!!!

After my last post where I thought I'd fixed the problem, after I reinstalled an after market sound back into the F-18 the beeping came back.

However I just tried your suggestion and as soon as I played the fuel dump warning wav file, eureka it was the same beep. I cut it out and now problem solved.

Thanks for chiming in Bretched. I reckon there are others in the global FSX community that would benefit from this information.

Cheers!     

Bretched

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 10:24:32 pm »
Now all I want to do is figure out how to get the fa18 engine start confirm beep back as well as the tones when you are on the approach to the carrier... I have spent numerous hours on finding the file that activates these..

Glad I was able to help with the fuel dump beep... Weird how just all of a sudden it started.

Cheers.

trisho0

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 02:29:41 am »
Actually I have similar problem. GSX begun getting an annoying, continuous beeping sound going frequency up/down. I can't find a way to stop but closing P3Dv4. I load any aircraft, call GSX for ground services, after some requests done, suddenly the annoying sound starts and never stops. What can be the reason and how to stop it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 10:48:44 am »
Actually I have similar problem. GSX begun getting an annoying, continuous beeping sound going frequency up/down. I can't find a way to stop but closing P3Dv4. I load any aircraft, call GSX for ground services, after some requests done, suddenly the annoying sound starts and never stops. What can be the reason and how to stop it?

Are you sure the sound is coming from GSX ? Some planes make sounds when they exhaust the battery, for example, because you have been parked for a while without external power.