Author Topic: Airport goes vertical after it loads on approach  (Read 4705 times)

p1muserfan

Airport goes vertical after it loads on approach
« on: July 17, 2013, 08:44:11 pm »
I hope my description makes sense because I don't know how to post a screen shot. On approach (at LAX and JFK also, haven't tested every FSDT airport yet), after the slight pause at which time the field "loads", the airport displays vertically to me, like I'm flying in to a "wall". I have read some similar issues here, so to save time, I have the latest driver installed for my video card and I do have the highmemfix tweak applied. As far as any additional tweaks, I don't use bufferpools (I don't have the tweak in my config file) or much else. However, I have noticed some tweaks added that correspond with some of the entries in the addon manager, with or without those entries in my config, the problem still exsists. I did notice that if I switch to windowed mode when the field appears vertical everything shows correctly again, but I obviously prefer full screeen. Could that be a clue? Oh, and I do have the coultl entry in my addons tab in FSX. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airport goes vertical after it loads on approach
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 08:50:37 pm »
I did notice that if I switch to windowed mode when the field appears vertical everything shows correctly again, but I obviously prefer full screeen. Could that be a clue?

That only indicates it's nothing wrong with the scenery and its installation, and it's probably not even related to your FSX settings, but it's likely more a video driver problem, or a setting or a tweak in the video card that doesn't work.

p1muserfan

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 12:16:19 am »
it's likely more a video driver problem, or a setting or a tweak in the video card that doesn't work

Does that mean an Nvidia Inspector setting? Because I just tested with a clean FSX config and the latest Nvidia driver for my card and still no luck

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 11:01:27 am »
Does that mean an Nvidia Inspector setting? Because I just tested with a clean FSX config and the latest Nvidia driver for my card and still no luck

Any tweaker might have caused this, so you should try to reset all your settings to default and, if you used a tweaker like that, you should find a way to restore even its own settings to default, because the regular driver control panel might not reset everything.

p1muserfan

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 07:46:09 pm »
After 4 months this airport is still giving me fits. I had a similar issue at LAX (plus also parts of the terminal floating in the air) but changed the textures to 2048 and that seems to have fixed it there. I also had a problem with black boxes around trees wherever I landed but changed my mesh resolution to 5m and that is also solved. But DFW is still a mystery. I use Nvidia inspector and have Antialiasing set to override and 8xS, anisotropic to user-defined and 16x and vertical sync tear control to standard and 1/2 refresh rate, pretty much to the letter suggested by NickN, nothing else exotic. Like I said before, if I switch to windowed mode the airport appears normal. I'm not tech savvy enough to figure out why going to windowed mode "fixes" things, is there anything else you could suggest? Using a clean cfg file didn't work and all I use there is the highmemfix, widescreen=true and a TBM=120 anyway...