Author Topic: Latest Update - Catering Gets Stuck  (Read 23354 times)

takatanaka

Re: Latest Update - Catering Gets Stuck
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 07:50:37 pm »
I fully accept/agree with your statement. As you probably know (I forgot to mention it before), Majestic Software came up with an update for the Q400 on 12 of September and an hotfix on 27 of December (current MJCQ400 version is 1.00801).

Just a correction: Majestic Software came up with an update for the Q400 on 9 of December and an hotfix on 27 of December (current MJCQ400 version is 1.00801).
Regards,

Takatanaka

takatanaka

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 09:12:03 pm »
Hello again,

You can get an easy proof of this quite easily: just change the Q400 config with the GSX airplane configuration editor and remove the front catering door, the bug will disappear ( select "restart Couatl" before trying the new config )
I tried it at LPPT, gate 701/D01 (3th party scenario) and at LPBD, gate A7 (default scenario) but it didn't work. It has the same behavior I mentioned in my first post.

Taka

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 10:11:17 pm »
I tried it at LPPT, gate 701/D01 (3th party scenario) and at LPBD, gate A7 (default scenario) but it didn't work. It has the same behavior I mentioned in my first post.

I'm sorry, but I can only confirm the problem doesn't happen if you have only one catering vehicle. But that's not really the point, it will be fixed anyway, since they are *supposed* to work together, even if they are different models which, as I've said, is the only case where the problem is confirmed to be happening.

takatanaka

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 08:23:42 am »
ok. I will be waiting for the solution.
Thx

Taka

HondaJet

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2014, 08:46:06 pm »
Umberto,
Love your program.

I also have the Q400 by Majestic and found your post here about taking out the front catering door.  I changed the Q400 config with the GSX airplane configuration editor and removed the front catering door.  Then I restarted Couatl and then ran the catering function again.  I got the same stuck catering result.  I went back into the config editor to make sure removing the door had stayed and it was still set to "No door at the position".   I assume I did something wrong but right now the only way I can get through the full loading and pushback process with the Q400 is to skip the catering.  I have the most recent download on your website from yesterday.
I also restarted FSX just to check and it was still the same. 
Any advice?
Thanks
Jerry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2014, 10:03:20 pm »
I'm sorry, but I can only confirm the problem doesn't happen if you have only one catering vehicle, which is what you will have, if you remove a service door. Just be sure you removed the right door, and always "Restart Couatl" after a change. No need to restart FSX whatsoever.

HondaJet

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 04:32:11 pm »
Umberto,
The problem was all mine.  When I read your instructions to change the editor for front Catering door I changed it to "No door at the position".  Today I noticed in your original post to this issue that I should have made it "Door without open/close checks".  Once I did that it solved my problem with Catering not completing.
My bad,
Jerry

feather0148

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2014, 06:04:17 pm »
You say to remove the front service door. Could you please give me some guidance on how to remove the front service door ???

I know you have to go into customize aircraft but could you please explain ???

Thanks  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2014, 06:33:46 pm »
You say to remove the front service door. Could you please give me some guidance on how to remove the front service door ???

Everything is of course explained in the GSX manual, in this case, at Page 27, the last sentence on the page starts with "To remove a door entirely"...

feather0148

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2014, 10:14:31 pm »
I have removed service door 1 door but the mini van still shows up and it still says "catering vehicles are on their way" when they have finished ??? and I have tried selecting "door with open and close checks" and that doesn't work either so im puzzled on why the mini van will not just go away and catering can become complete  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

This is starting to really annoy me now ???:o :o :o

Someone help  :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2014, 11:55:56 am »
I have removed service door 1 door but the mini van still shows up and it still says "catering vehicles are on their way" when they have finished ???

Then you haven't removed the door.

and I have tried selecting "door with open and close checks" and that doesn't work

As I've already replied to Hondajet a couple of messages before, but I can only confirm the problem doesn't happen. Just be sure you removed the right door, and always "Restart Couatl" after a change.

The difference between selecting "No door at the position" and "Door without open/close checks" is that in one case the mini van will be far from the airplane, and in the other case, the mini van will be closer, but I've just tried it, and in BOTH cases, the catering service WILL complete.

feather0148

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2014, 03:53:09 am »
I finally Fixed It.  :). Just basically take the information from the nearest catering door to the tail and input that information into the service door nearest to the nose and put "no door at this position" at the rear. I got it the wrong way around. Glad that mess is over

takatanaka

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2014, 09:12:32 pm »
Hi,

Despite the fact that I have been patient since the last post from feather0148 on the 20th of July 2014, the catering vehicles issue with the MJCQ400 is not yet fixed.
It would be great to get it fixed once for all, since it persists for a long time already.

Thanks and wish you all a happy 2015.

Takatanaka

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2015, 06:50:00 pm »
Despite the fact that I have been patient since the last post from feather0148 on the 20th of July 2014, the catering vehicles issue with the MJCQ400 is not yet fixed.

Which proposed a solution. Why you "waited", instead of trying the solution he posted ?

I've said already in the thread here, I can't reproduce this problem anymore with the current version of the program:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11332.msg87300.html#msg87300

No idea why it's not fixed on your system and no idea why I cannot reproduce it and the user in the thread could. And please, don't post here, post in that thread only, because it doesn't make any sense to have two identical threads going on a the same time.

duartempo

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2016, 06:28:22 am »
Hi Umberto,

I'm sorry for replying in a thread inactive for more than a year, but I thought it would be simpler this way.

I bought GSX on February 4 and I'd like to inform that I am having the "catering vehicles are on their way" stuck message issue with the latest Aerosoft Airbus (tested with A319 and A320) on default and 3rd party airports. It does NOT happen when all service doors are active, in which case both trucks appear, do their job and the service completes. But I chose to remove the front service door, for I believe that would be more realistic for the type of operations I usually simulate. That's when the mini van appears and the issue occurs.

The workaround solution of setting the height of the door to 10m worked for me, but I thought it could be helpful to inform that apparently this is not an exclusive Dash 8 issue.

Congratulations on a great product!

Regards,
Bruno.