Author Topic: Latest Update - Catering Gets Stuck  (Read 23352 times)

kityatyi

Re: Latest Update - Catering Gets Stuck
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2016, 01:27:44 pm »
I bought GSX in late September.

The "Catering vehicles are on their way" bug still does exist when using the Majestic Q400.

The scenario is this:

After requesting catering, the vehicles show up, demand the R4 door to be opened. Then they do their thing and then once catering is loaded, the system sends a message to close the R4 door. With the door closed, they drive away.

However, the system won't start boarding upon request, but informs that boarding will commence once other services finish...

It was said in 2014 that a solution (not a fix, a final solution) is on the way. Yet it is clearly unsolved as of yet.

Best regards,
Zsolt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2016, 05:40:23 pm »
It was said in 2014 that a solution (not a fix, a final solution) is on the way. Yet it is clearly unsolved as of yet.

You mean even applying the solution proposed in this thread, which was to set the door to 10 m, so the minivan won't appear, doesn't work for you ?

IBOMiles

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2017, 12:03:21 pm »
GSX works great with all my planes except one:
MAJESTIC DASH8 Q400 PROFESSIONAL EDITION (NOT PILOT EDITION)

Regarding the above plane only, I have read "all" of your fixes and suggestions and I have tried "them all."  None of them change anything.  I still get stuck with that  "catering services are on the way"  thingy in the menu that blocks other services queued. 

Now, once in a blue moon it will work properly just once and then its back to the crap.  I try to repeat what did work and it won't repeat.  I've been fooling around with this thing all day and got it to run correctly just twice out of some 30 or so tries.   The airport doesn't seem to matter.  However, I mostly fly out of:  KPIT  & KPHL.  Because I fly the Q400 Pro almost exclusively, this is a major hit to my emersion.

Just today, I uninstalled the program and then went to the homepage and downloaded the latest version.  Absolutely no change.

I tried you 10m - no change.  I increased it to 20m -  still no change.  It doesn't matter where that mini-van is.  It just doesn't work.

Unless the pilot is an idiot,  it's impossible to remove the wrong door because you've provided a diagram and the 3D feature. 

This issue for the Majestic Dash8 has been kicking around for years with no solution. Very disappointing.

IBOMiles

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2017, 10:04:38 pm »
****UPDATE****

IBOMiles

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2017, 10:14:17 pm »
****UPDATE****

Still working on this with good success!!!

Catering does work at certain airports (such as: (KSHV, KCOS, KORD, KLGA, KJFK, KSEA) but not others (incl KPIT, KPHL, KLAX).  In all cases where catering gets stuck, its at default airports on my fresh install of GSX yesterday.  II would appreciate it if you would try these airports to corroborate my findings. Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2017, 11:49:11 pm »
Please indicate the exact gate on a default airport you tried.

IBOMiles

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2017, 11:55:20 pm »
***UPDATE #2 ****

Still plugging away at this .

Now that I had success at other airports, I went back to KPHL & KPIT to apply my learning's.

Results:

KPHL    Gate A11: which is the one I used almost exclusively, catering gets stuck.
KPHL    A few Gates I tried):  Catering does not get stuck.
With the above findings, I'm thinking maybe there is file corruption in the default scenery file that includes KPHL. Possible?

IBOMiles

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2017, 11:59:00 pm »
KPHL:  Gates- F9, A20, A10:  catering does not get stuck (but Gate A11- catering gets stuck)

KPIT:  Gates- A3, A11, A25 catering gets stuck.

IBOMiles

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2017, 12:55:30 am »
Back to KPIT:

Gates by Terminal:

Terminal A:  Gate(s) 3, 11, 12, 25 - catering gets stuck
Terminal A:  Gate(s) none catering does not get stuck

Terminal B:  Gate(s) 45 - catering gets stuck
Terminal B:  Gate(s) 26, 29, 34,  - catering does not get stuck

Terminal C:  Gate(s) C51, C54 - catering gets stuck
Terminal C:  Gate(s) none catering does not get stuck

Terminal D:  Gate(s)  - 83 catering gets stuck
Terminal D:  Gate(s)  - 78, 86 catering does not get stuck

It' s just random; no discernible pattern.