Author Topic: GSX Is not displaying popup any more with CTL+F12  (Read 3805 times)

walouigi

GSX Is not displaying popup any more with CTL+F12
« on: May 21, 2017, 11:07:49 pm »
Hi there,
Today I have started to have an issue with GSX in P3D V3 after reinstalling my GVA from FSDT.
This is the error log I get:

couatl v3.1 (build 3625)
panic log started on Sun May 21 17:05:31 2017

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 73, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 826, in do
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'gsx'
{}
User collision geometries reloaded

I even uninstalled every thing and downloaded the latest version of GSX and now no pop up at all, even if GSX is under the add-ons menu but with Sft+CTL+F12 nothing happens.

Please advise what is the reason, what did I do wrong.
Thanks
Hnai
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 08:32:55 pm by walouigi »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
This issue has been already discussed on the forum, and it happened because you must have disabled GSX from its menu, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15120.msg110033.html#msg110033

walouigi

Hi Umberto,
No the GSX is =0
Now that I have removed it from P3D and reinstall, nothing happens, when I click on the CTL+shft+F12 witch is my key mapping.
It work 100% in FSX.
I can see that GSX is regenerating Airport cache progress, and it is asking me to wait but nothing happened with the key combination.
Thanks for any update.
Regards
Hani
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 09:27:14 pm by walouigi »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Hi Umberto,
No the GSX is =0

Sorry but, if you have that error in your log, the only possible cause for it, is that you disabled GSX. To re-enable it, be sure the disable parameter in the [gsx] section of the Couatladdons.ini is set to 0.

I can see that GSX is regenerating Airport cache progress, and it is asking me to wait but nothing happened with the key combination.

So you don't have the error anymore ? If it's regenerating the cache, it means it's now enabled and it's working, so that error will not happen anymore and, if the GSX menu doesn't come, it might be simply because you changed the default key assignment.

Check the key mappings, and be sure no two functions are configured to the same key.

walouigi

Re: GSX Is not displaying popup any more with CTL+F12
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 01:49:47 pm »
Hi Umberto,
It was not a key conflict, as I have checked it out, but it was something to do with allowing popup's.
As even my ATC windows, was not working. So I have used the P3D installation to repair it, and now it is working.
I don't know what was the reason, but all is good now.
Thanks for clarifying the meaning of the error.
Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 05:50:32 pm »
As even my ATC windows, was not working. So I have used the P3D installation to repair it, and now it is working.

Ok, then you have the very well known issue of missing the Content, which is a problem that doesn't have anything to do with GSX, since you confirmed even the ATC window stopped working.

walouigi

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 08:09:14 pm »
Hi Umberto,
Correct I guess so, but I don;t understand why, since I reinstalled P3D from scratch.
How come the content can be missing. It's a mystery for me.
But thanks again for your help.
Hani