Author Topic: Latest Update - Catering Gets Stuck  (Read 23543 times)

3-2-1-Now

Latest Update - Catering Gets Stuck
« on: July 10, 2013, 08:14:58 pm »
Hi,

I can call for catering, and they arrive at the aircraft OK, but when they leave, GSX still thinks they have yet to arrive, and the rest of the boarding/loading process gets stuck.

Tested at KORD gate B 19 (stock scenery). I'll try at another airport.

Best regards,
Robin.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 08:22:18 pm by 3-2-1-Now »

3-2-1-Now

Re: Latest Update - Catering Gets Stuck
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 01:09:19 am »
I tested at the same gate with the PMDG 737 and it seemed OK, but with the MJC Dash 8, it gets stuck.

Best regards,
Robin.

takatanaka

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 08:47:12 pm »
Hi,

I am experience exactly the same problem.
After the catering vehicles leave their positions away from airplane (MJCQ400), after closing the related doors (shift+E+4) per GSX request, the GSX stucks giving the state "catering vehicles are their way. The only way ahead is resetting position.
The sequence I use is:
1 - request fuel
2 - request catering
2a - resetting position, as explained before
3 - request boarding
4 - prepare for departure and pushback

I am using the latest version of GSX, uninstalled and re-installed several times (Full installation). running FSX and the MJCQ400.
This issue was not present in previous versions.

Many thanks in advance for your support.

Takatanaka

takatanaka

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 02:43:46 pm »
Hi,
Just an update about this problem.
It doesn't happen in all airports, it is working fine at LPPS (gate A07) but , the issue is present at LPPT (gate 701), I will do more testing at different gates.
After the catering vehicles leave the airplane, they keep moving until the infinite. This is the reason why the message "catering vehicles are on their way".

I would appreciate that this issue would be fixed as soon as possible, I really enjoy this add-on (I paid for a software product that is not function as it should).

Please let me know if there is something that I can do on my side to have it fixed, for example, uninstall and perform some "manual action" before the re-installation.

Thx,

Taka
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:58:19 pm by takatanaka »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 06:20:17 pm »
Will check this. When you said it doesn't work at LPPT Gate 701, do you use a 3rd party scenery add-on, or it's the default scenery ? If it's not default, please indicate which scenery you use and, possibly, indicate a case on a default airport.

takatanaka

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 07:10:51 pm »
Thanks for your reply.
The problem is also present at LPPR (from TropicalSim), no matter at which gate.
The LPPT scenario is from Aerosoft, I tested the catering at several different gates and it gets stuck all the times.
the LPPS scenario is also from Aerosoft.
It is really annoying to have to reset position after the catering in order to proceed with the boarding. >:(

Thanks a lot for your support.

Taka

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 11:23:48 am »
As I've said:

possibly, indicate a case on a default airport.

If you can provide a case with a default airport, then it might be a GSX problem we need to fix. But if it's happening only at those 3rd party airports, the most likely issue is an error in their AFCADs, like unconnected parkings, orphaned links, overlapping nodes, etc.

takatanaka

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 12:24:25 pm »
Hi,

Ok, I will test it in a default scenario.
However, previous versions of GSX worked fine in these airports, meanwhile, they were neither re-installed nor updated. I believe that (but not sure) the catering vehicles issue started after GSX version 1.8.

Takatanaka
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 12:27:05 pm by takatanaka »

takatanaka

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 09:13:28 pm »
Hi,

I tested the situation at LFBD, gate A7 (FSX default scenario). The problem is also present, GSX gets stuck after the catering, as I described before.
The catering vehicles go away from the airplane to a spot in the airport and then they disappear. However, GSX keeps showing "Catering vehicles are on their way", meanwhile I request boarding and it shows "Boarding requested, wait for other services to be completed".
Just let me know if you need more details to help you to fix the issue.
As mentioned before, it is really annoying to have to reset position after the catering service or as an alternative request all the ground services except the catering.
A solution for this issue would be highly appreciated.

Taka

takatanaka

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 07:18:16 pm »
Unfortunately each time FSDreamTeam releases a GSX update, I delete the previous version installer from my PC.
Would it be possible to make available a link from which I could download an older GSX version than 1.8?
This way, I could use GSX without the catering problem while it is being investigated and eventually fixed and double check if the problem didn't exist in the previous GSX versions.

Thank you very much in advance.

Takatanaka

takatanaka

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 05:25:54 pm »
Hi,

No news about this subject?
Neither a small word nor a link to an older GSX version?
I am forced to conclude that costumer care is nit a priority to FSDT.... :(

Taka

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 05:34:32 pm »
No news about this subject?

There obviously are, after we get enough time to check it, which happened just now so, please, be patient.

Neither a small word nor a link to an older GSX version?

An older version won't change anything, this problem was there since the first GSX release, and if affects ONLY a very specific case: an airplane that has doors configured in a way that the rear one will call a full catering vehicle with animations, and the front one calls the simple van. ONLY in this case, the catering service gets stuck, you only noticed it now because an airplane that fits this description is the Q400

I am forced to conclude that costumer care is nit a priority to FSDT.... :(

That you are wrong, can be easily proven by my POST COUNT, each of them was a reply to a customer. Is very annoying hearing such comments, after having helped customers 15000 times here.

The problem HAS been identified, and it will surely be fixed in the next update.

takatanaka

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 06:23:02 pm »
Hi,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply to my last post.

Despite the fact that I have no obligation to justify my comments to a product vendor, I posted such unpleasant comment because I didn't get any feed back since 7 January.
If Virtuali/FSDT would have provide such a reply as you did a couple of minutes ago, I certainly wouldn't write that comment about FSDT costumer care as I did. This was easily avoidable, but somehow it worked and myself as a costumer, got some feedback from the Vendor.
I certainly am patient enough to wait for a solution, provided that I receive some feedback at a reasonable time interval, to prevent the costumer feeling that nothing is being done.

Lets keep ourselves focused on the main subject:

An older version won't change anything, this problem was there since the first GSX release, and if affects ONLY a very specific case: an airplane that has doors configured in a way that the rear one will call a full catering vehicle with animations, and the front one calls the simple van. ONLY in this case, the catering service gets stuck, you only noticed it now because an airplane that fits this description is the Q400

Here I cannot agree with you. I purchased the MJCQ400 on the 7th of June 2013 and it is the only airplane I have been flying with since then. I purchased GSX on the 20th of September 2013 and it worked fine. As you can see there is no chance that I didn't notice the catering vehicles issue before (with older GSX versions).
I asked for an older GSX version for two reasons, to fully profit from the good software product I purchased and somehow to help FSDT to troubleshoot the catering vehicles bug.

If the issue is known by FSDT and you are working on solution for that, why didn't you mention it since my very first post???

Thx for your support.

Taka

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 07:05:14 pm »
I certainly am patient enough to wait for a solution, provided that I receive some feedback at a reasonable time interval, to prevent the costumer feeling that nothing is being done.

I already replied to you in this thread with a "we'll check this". And no, I don't find "unreasonable" taking 3 days to check a bug, because (as you can clearly see), there are OTHER bugs and other customers that are being followed constantly. Again, just check my forum post count, it speaks for itself.

Here I cannot agree with you. I purchased the MJCQ400 on the 7th of June 2013 and it is the only airplane I have been flying with since then. I purchased GSX on the 20th of September 2013 and it worked fine. As you can see there is no chance that I didn't notice the catering vehicles issue before (with older GSX versions).

You haven't noticed it because, most likely, the configuration for the Q400 that comes with GSX has changed between releases, either because there was no catering service on the front door, or because the door's height was moved just a little bit that made a different catering to appear. If there's just one catering, or if there are two vehicles with full animations (with the service crew and the platform), the problem doesn't appear. It ONLY appears when one of the vehicles has a crew and the other doesn't, and this depends how the front door is configured, but nothing in the GSX catering code has ever changed, not from many months, and surely well before you purchased it.

You can get an easy proof of this quite easily: just change the Q400 config with the GSX airplane configuration editor and remove the front catering door, the bug will disappear ( select "restart Couatl" before trying the new config )

I asked for an older GSX version for two reasons, to fully profit from the good software product I purchased and somehow to help FSDT to troubleshoot the catering vehicles bug.

An older version won't change anything in this regard,

If the issue is known by FSDT and you are working on solution for that, why didn't you mention it since my very first post???

This issue has been found only AFTER your report. When I've said "we'll check it", I MEAN IT. To be precise, I've confirmed the bug yesterday very late in the night, and since today I was out of office the whole day, I couldn't get a chance to reply it before you posted your complaint about the supposed lack of a reply.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 07:11:18 pm by virtuali »

takatanaka

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 07:39:42 pm »
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

I already replied to you in this thread with a "we'll check this". And no, I don't find "unreasonable" taking 3 days to check a bug, because (as you can clearly see), there are OTHER bugs and other customers that are being followed constantly. Again, just check my forum post count, it speaks for itself.
This discussion will drive us no where, it will be a waste of time and effort for both of us. I am stopping here this discussion but, it doesn't mean that I fully accept your arguments. I am sorry but, I never mix a state of heart with business.

You haven't noticed it because, most likely, the configuration for the Q400 that comes with GSX has changed between releases, either because there was no catering service on the front door, or because the door's height was moved just a little bit that made a different catering to appear. If there's just one catering, or if there are two vehicles with full animations (with the service crew and the platform), the problem doesn't appear. It ONLY appears when one of the vehicles has a crew and the other doesn't, and this depends how the front door is configured, but nothing in the GSX catering code has ever changed, not from many months, and surely well before you purchased it.
I fully accept/agree with your statement. As you probably know (I forgot to mention it before), Majestic Software came up with an update for the Q400 on 12 of September and an hotfix on 27 of December (current MJCQ400 version is 1.00801).

You can get an easy proof of this quite easily: just change the Q400 config with the GSX airplane configuration editor and remove the front catering door, the bug will disappear ( select "restart Couatl" before trying the new config ).
That's a good point. I will try it.

This issue has been found only AFTER your report.
Maybe it was a misunderstanding from my side. My apologies for that.

When I've said "we'll check it", I MEAN IT. To be precise, I've confirmed the bug yesterday very late in the night, and since today I was out of office the whole day, I couldn't get a chance to reply it before you posted your complaint about the supposed lack of a reply.
Noted.

Regards,

Takatanaka