Author Topic: Just downloaded O'Hare, FSX crashes... Windows 7 the issue?!??!  (Read 3424 times)

gscocos17

Hi all, I just downloaded FSDT O'Hare, but now every time I try to go into FSX, right when the music starts, the whole thing crashes. Is this a compatibility issue with Windows 7 or something? I have uninstalled excess aircraft and sceneries I have downloaded, but that hasn't helped. I'm not sure if I should reinstall O'Hare or FSX, but quite frankly I don't know how. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Just downloaded O'Hare, FSX crashes... Windows 7 the issue?!??!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 08:31:47 pm »
All our products are guaranteed to work in Windows 7. In fact, we don't test them in any other OS right now so no, there's not any problem from the OS.

The most likely issue is that you have another program interfering, most likely the antivirus.

- Reinstall with the antivirus entirely turned OFF

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

gscocos17

Re: Just downloaded O'Hare, FSX crashes... Windows 7 the issue?!??!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 10:04:51 pm »
THANK YOU!!! I will have to try that and hopefully it works. Thanks for responding so quickly!  ;D