Author Topic: Vancouver Seabase  (Read 9692 times)

red2112

Vancouver Seabase
« on: June 26, 2013, 04:55:25 pm »
Hi folks,

first post here... First off, thank you so much for such great products I have become a big fan of yours  ;D Please keep up the good work FSDT!

I think CYVR is such a beautiful job as I said it´s made me a fan! There´s just one little issue that I have, I red in a post here that the CYVR seabase is CAM9 SPB, but I don´t seem to find it on my airport list. The only one I find is CAM9 which puts me somewhere on the sea (I guess near CYVR, cuz I don´t see land). Is something wrong with my FSX? Any help is more then welcome!

Care,

Mike
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 08:21:49 pm by red2112 »

Hnla

red2112

Re: Vancouver Seabase
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 11:01:14 pm »
Hi Boone,

Thanks for your reply!

I don´t seem to find CYHC on FSX´s airport list, CXH either. It´s not that I have a problem taking off from a seabase as I tried others and there´s no problem there.

What mislead me was a post found here that mentions CAM9 SPB and the fact that you can see this in the scenery.

BTW aim using Orbx FTX Pacific North West scenery along with CYVR which looks awsome together!

Here´s a pic of CAM9...
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z427/deep2112/FSX/C1_zps3b2b5e19.jpg

As you can see from my electronic flight bag with google Gmap, aim way off CYVR

Another pic but from CYVR airborne showing the seabase on the left side of the window...
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z427/deep2112/FSX/C2_zps61645742.jpg

You can see from the EFB that there´s no code on the seabase (it would show if there was one) and CYVR is north on the EFB

Conclusión, the seabase is just decorative or better said, not functional in this case. Please someone correct me if aim wrong. Maybe I don´t have the AFCAD in my FSX for CAM9 SPB.

Thanks again Boone, well this is for the record for anyone else.

Good care,

Mike
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 12:44:46 pm by virtuali »

Hnla

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 12:06:30 am »
Yeah I would imagine that is just decorative.

Once you land at CYVR, or land in the lake area you could just dock in over there, but to takeoff at the base, I have no idea. Maybe you could slew from the main airport runway.

red2112

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 12:31:27 am »
Well, over at Orbx support they tell me that CAM9 was not included in FSX, and Orbx did not include it either so this afcad had to come from somewhere so that´s strange.

I did try to go inland from CAM9 with my Cub but there was more then 100nm to CYVR, so it´s way off from it´s original position which should be where FSDT represents the SPB on there scenery.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 12:56:33 pm »
CAM9 is not included in FSX, and it's not included in our scenery too as a starting location, although the seaplane base is modeled. I believe is included in the Vancouver+ scenery.

You see it way off in the sea, because we supplied an EXCLUSION AFCAD, that moves CAM9 out of the way in order to not screw up GSX at main CYVR in case Vancouver+ is installed.

The file is named CYVR_disable_AP.BGL, if you remove it, CAM9 and CYV2 (heli base) will both disappear, as if with the default scenery, since they are not included in the default scenery. But if you have Vancouver+ installed, you must keep it, otherwise they'll create issues with GSX at CYVR main airport.

If you want to go there, load your seaplane, slew to the seaplane dock and save a situation there. This is what you would have had to do anyway with stock CYVR, since CAM9 wasn't there too. Maybe we can also add a starting position there, but it will be still part of CYVR in the "Go To airport menu"
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 12:59:18 pm by virtuali »

red2112

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 08:05:53 pm »
Hi Virtuali,

thank you for your reply and attention. Ok I understand now. So could it be that Vancouver + has CAM9 placed where you represent it in CYVR? Sorry I didnt get this last part straight  :(

Ok I´ll try the slew thing, I never used slew in FSX so who knows where I´ll end up  ;D

Thanks again Virtuali for clearing this up. I guess someone could come up with the same question in the future so it´s good for the record.

BTW, thanks for such fine scenery!

Best regards,

Mike
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 08:23:51 pm by red2112 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 10:31:04 pm »
So could it be that Vancouver + has CAM9 placed where you represent it in CYVR? Sorry I didnt get this last part straight

Yes, I think it's was Vancouver+ that added CAM9. But this creates a problem with GSX, which doesn't really like airports "embedded" into another. So, we added CYVR_disable_AP.BGL in our folder, which is supposed to move CAM9 out of the way.

If you have Vancouver+ installed, it's best if you leave that file, otherwise the "correct" CAM9 from Vancouver+ will cause problems with GSX at CYVR

If you don't have Vancouver+, it won't make any difference, since CAM9 wasn't included in the default scenery anyway, you might want to remove it, if only to get rid of that funny ICAO in the middle of the ocean, but it won't affect FSX operations in any way if you left it there or not.

red2112

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 03:02:14 am »
Thanks Virtuali!

No problem at all. I was just curious to fly a seaplane and thought your scenery would be a nice place to try, and since someone mentioned it here on your fórum I thought it would be possible.

I did get to satisfy my curiosity today. Just for the record, OryxSim has 4 free SPB´s scenerys for the PNW área so I took off from CAE5 which is not to far from CYVR and landed next to the SPB on your scenery. It was nice, but slow as the Cub is not to fast, took me about an hour, but it was fun. I found my self following the river as the Cub weighs alot more with the floats and it´s hard to gain altitud but then I realised why CAE5 is there, cuz you can follow the river west in this case, otherwise you got mountaines all over the place!

Anyhow, thanks Virtuali for taking the time to explain all this, very nice of you.

BTW, LAX is on my list for next month  ;D You guys make great stuff, and now I can tell you also give great support! Thank you! Oh and greetings from over here in Spain Umberto!

Good care,

Mike
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 03:34:22 am by red2112 »