Author Topic: Install  (Read 3524 times)

UKV2189

Install
« on: June 23, 2013, 02:24:31 pm »
Hello,

I have a problem that is quite major. I recently purchased GSX and went to install the application, only to find out that the installer had a certificate revoked? (Something like that.) Therefore, the computer would not run the installer because it said that the installer is a risk to my computer.

Does anybody know a way around this?

I was so looking forward to doing a flight this morning and to have this package in to be able to experience it.

Kindest Regards and Many Thanks,
Craig

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Install
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 09:48:00 pm »
I have a problem that is quite major. I recently purchased GSX and went to install the application, only to find out that the installer had a certificate revoked? (Something like that.)

Our digital signature lasts until 2016 so, it's not possible it has been revoked. If the message says something else, like the digital signature is *invalid*, it's very likely that something on your system has corrupted the installer.

The whole point of having a digitally signed executable (that we pay good money for it every year to keep it current) is to ensure you that, if a file that has a digital signature has that signature invalid, you shouldn't trust it, because your local copy is not identical to the one we distribute, so it has been corrupted on your system.

There are two things that can cause this:

- A virus on your system

- An antivirus, which has mistakenly detected the executable as a thread, and it tried to "heal" it, altering it and of course corrupting, since there was no threat to remove in the first place.

So, you should probably first act on your antivirus, to be sure that it allows the executable to run, and then configure it to allow the following files:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

Also, check in your Internet Options (yes, even if you don't use Internet Explorer) if you have "Virtuali" in the list of the untrusted authors.

UKV2189

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 10:10:18 pm »
Yes, Thank you.

It was listed in the untrusted publishers section.

Fixed now thank you.

UKV2189

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 12:27:37 am »
Just in case anyone else has the same problem (I hate it when people say that they have fixed their problem without giving a solutions as to how THEY fixed it).

In my particular case I had to:

1. Click on "Tools" (for some it's a 'cog' type thing) in Internet Explorer.
2. Click "Internet Options".
3. Click on the "Content" tab.
4. Click on "Certificates".
5. Click on the "Untrusted Publishers" tab.
6. Remove the "virtuali" publisher.

Done.

I hope no one else has the same problem it is really annoying.