Author Topic: Hawaii Volume ! Couatl crash **SOLVED**  (Read 7766 times)

737guy1

Hawaii Volume ! Couatl crash **SOLVED**
« on: June 21, 2013, 07:11:18 am »
I am suffering from the same Couatl windows crash as has been mentioned by several people on here.  I have tried all of the suggestions on here that I can find to fix it with no success.  I installed the stand alone add-on manager at the very end after all FSDT airports were installed and still I have the windows crash error and buildings disappear.  Help?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 11:31:44 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Hawaii Volume ! Couatl crash.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 03:43:00 pm »
Enable Logging from the "GSX Settins" menu, go to the airport, let it crash, and post the content of your %APPDATA%\virtuali\Couatl.LOG and Couatl.ERR files.

737guy1

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 11:44:18 pm »
Here is my log.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 10:41:24 am »
Do you have a Couatl.ERR file too ? If yes, post it.

If not, check this:

Airport cache not valid: scenery.cfg has changed since last time
Regenerating airport cache, looking for scenery files under C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/

Have you REALLY changed the scenery.cfg (meaning = you added a new area or changed something in the Scenery Library), or it results in this message each time you start FSX ?

If you haven't changed the Scenery Library yourself, perhaps you have another add-on that is doing something to the scenery library, and that might be the cause of the problem.

medeo04

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 04:25:21 pm »
Hi 737guy1,

I am/was one of these people having problems at Lihue, with buildings disappearing and couatl crashing from the FSX menu. I thought I had pursued all options and solutions provided, without success- even the latest addon manager didn't make any difference. I'd given up on this scenery - almost.

Then today I stumbled across the post by Lawman, in a different thread in this forum
 (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7731.msg64845#msg64845), look for reply no.24

I followed Lawman's advice and it worked for me. For the first time since buying Hawaiian airports vol1 can I actually see the buildings at PHLI ! I know virtuali/Umberto says replacing the __init__.pye file cannot be reason, but all I can say is that replacing the int.pye file with the 'old one' from Lawman's backup it has worked for me (until now anyway).  Nothing else has changed in my FSX setup, other than that.

Michael.

737guy1

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 04:58:43 pm »
Hi 737guy1,

I am/was one of these people having problems at Lihue, with buildings disappearing and couatl crashing from the FSX menu. I thought I had pursued all options and solutions provided, without success- even the latest addon manager didn't make any difference. I'd given up on this scenery - almost.

Then today I stumbled across the post by Lawman, in a different thread in this forum
 (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7731.msg64845#msg64845), look for reply no.24

I followed Lawman's advice and it worked for me. For the first time since buying Hawaiian airports vol1 can I actually see the buildings at PHLI ! I know virtuali/Umberto says replacing the __init__.pye file cannot be reason, but all I can say is that replacing the int.pye file with the 'old one' from Lawman's backup it has worked for me (until now anyway).  Nothing else has changed in my FSX setup, other than that.

Michael.

This worked like a charm for me too.  I just did it yesterday.  Does this not indicate a file error with the newer addon manager releases?  If I even install another FSDT airport after the Hawaii 1 it will cause the .pye file to be overwritten and the couatl crash again.  I then have to go and copy over again the .pye file with that old one that Lawman posted and it works perfectly again.  Certainly not a coincidence.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Hawaii Volume ! Couatl crash **SOLVED**
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 11:36:37 am »
Found the problem, finally.

In the most current Hawaii1 .PYE file, we added a new dynamic type of Windsock (that reacts to the wind), which was introduced in Hawaii2 but, unfortunately, it's missing from the Hawaii1 installer which means, the only users affected are those using the very latest version of Hawaii1 but don't have Hawaii2 installed.

Reverting to the previous .PYE file which didn't called the new Windsock "fixed" the problem, but of course you were left without any Windsock...

Here's attached the Windsock from Hawaii2, to be put into the FSX\Simobjects\Misc folder, together with the other FSDT* objects.

You don't need this if you have Hawaii2 installed and, of course, we'll update the Hawaii1 installer now, to include it. It's just strange that Couatl crashed without logging the error in the Couatl.ERR file, this is something we'll check too.

Lawman

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 12:59:29 pm »
Umberto, thank you for persevering with this problem. Glad to see a solution has been found :).

737guy1

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 03:17:33 pm »
Thanks for the hard work at finding this problem! Very fine support!