Author Topic: FSDT JFK Afcad Switcher  (Read 15443 times)

Catchman86

FSDT JFK Afcad Switcher
« on: June 20, 2013, 09:19:48 pm »
This file contains 5 dual and 4 triple runway operations. They are as close to real world ops as FSX will allow. All you have to do is select a two or three runway configuration based on the winds.

Installation:
Run the installer and it will put the "JFK Afcad Selector.bat" file in your /KJFK folder. Run the file every time you want to update the afcad for particular winds. Note that if FSX is running (not recommended) you must restart FSX to change the afcad after running the program.

1.0 Updates:
- T3 is used only for overflow parking to reflect Delta's new operations in T4.
- More accurate airline gate assignments used including but not limited to LAN and Finnair at T8, Aer Lingus and Hawaiian at T5, T4 left mostly unassigned so that changes in traffic schedules will not negatively impact international terminal gates.
- Overflow parking for T7 on the remains of T6.
- Fixed Delta Connection parking at T2.
- Adjusted gates at T1 and T8 to prevent crashes into terminal.
- Increased tower viewpoint height to above cab.

Requirements:
- FSDT KJFK version 2.1. Not compatible with v1.0.

These files and installer are not supported by FSDT. Use at your own risk.

To Be Updated:
- Air Berlin to T8.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 07:34:34 pm by Catchman86 »

theshack440

Re: FSDT JFK Afcad Switcher
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 04:14:24 pm »
Thanks for this!  Just one question. If I were to choose one runway operation, and then change the winds, will ATC adjust traffic accordingly? Or would I need to change the AFCAD file every time?
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

Catchman86

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 04:16:46 pm »
Unfortunately you'd need to change. What I would suggest doing if you want to fly into JFK on a long distance flight is to check the TAF forecast winds and pick an afcad based on that. In addition, if you choose 3 runway operations you're more likely that at least one is correct.

However, each of the files is useful for approximately 90 degrees of wind so it would have to be a large shift in direction unless you're already at one of the terminal angles.

theshack440

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 08:41:52 pm »
Ok I see. That makes sense, thanks again.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

donaldd

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 02:51:01 am »
I'm a little confused with this. After running the installer, in my FSDT JFK folder I have an "afcads" folder with all of the runway afcad's and a JFK Afcad Selector.bat. When I run the Afcad selector, I select option 9, press enter, and lastly it ask's me if it's a file or a directory (I tried both.) When I start up FSX, nothing has changed at JFK. For example, the Hawaiian A330 is still parked over by the maintenance ramps not at T5.

- When the installer asks me about the "file or directory," what should I choose?

- After running the installer, do I need to remove or move anything (Afcad's) or does the selector automatically move around the Afcad's?

- Am I doing this completely wrong?

Thanks for the help.

KJFK

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 04:45:38 pm »
Thanks Catchman86 for this little nifty tool. I do have a question though. If I wish to add a parking space assignment, how would I do that. For Example, Air Berlin (Parking Code (BER)) currently parks at T4 while they are OneWorld Members and are actually parking at T8. So I am somewhat unsure how to proceed.

Thanks a lot for all your efforts though

Catchman86

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 07:31:22 pm »
I responded to you in an email, this is a repost of that email in case it helps anyone else.

I'm not sure why your installer is asking you that question. Try selecting file and see if it works. If you aren't seeing any changes, you can bypass the DOS installer and copy whichever afcad you want and rename it as kjfk.bgl and put it in the FSDT JFK/Scenery folder (and being sure to delete any other afcad in that scenery folder as more than one will cause conflicts). Maybe double check that you installed ot the correct folder as in my instructions?

You shouldn't need to remove anything after running the installer, it should overwrite the older files with whatever you select.

The removal of T3 parking and moved aircraft to T5 are included in all of the runway configurations.

I'm a little confused with this. After running the installer, in my FSDT JFK folder I have an "afcads" folder with all of the runway afcad's and a JFK Afcad Selector.bat. When I run the Afcad selector, I select option 9, press enter, and lastly it ask's me if it's a file or a directory (I tried both.) When I start up FSX, nothing has changed at JFK. For example, the Hawaiian A330 is still parked over by the maintenance ramps not at T5.

- When the installer asks me about the "file or directory," what should I choose?

- After running the installer, do I need to remove or move anything (Afcad's) or does the selector automatically move around the Afcad's?

- Am I doing this completely wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Catchman86

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 07:33:01 pm »
Thanks Catchman86 for this little nifty tool. I do have a question though. If I wish to add a parking space assignment, how would I do that. For Example, Air Berlin (Parking Code (BER)) currently parks at T4 while they are OneWorld Members and are actually parking at T8. So I am somewhat unsure how to proceed.

Thanks a lot for all your efforts though

You would have to add the changed parking to all of the raw files or afcads once loaded by the DOS installer. I will make a note of this issue for the next version. Please point out any other airlines that need to be moved.

p3dx3

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2013, 06:44:41 am »
Thank you for this updated afcad. One question, are you sure about the cargo parking codes? For example is that really where Lufthansa Cargo park?

I'm pretty sure that's the general aviation terminal where you have parking spots 1 and 2. Also Southern Air, SOO, is in the area where Atlas and Polar have their hangers too. So GTI and PAC should be coded up there. I'm no expert and I could be wrong. But I appreciate the expanded cargo. Maybe include some GA parking too for the smaller corporate jets that fly in?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 08:55:43 am by 413x3 »

Catchman86

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 07:14:41 pm »
Cargo does need more updates. I had a difficult time getting cargo parking information. If yall would be willing to assist in finding the correct parkings, I could do an update. Same goes for corporate. I know GA parks near the touchdown area for 13R but I'm not quite sure where to assign them.

p3dx3

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 05:33:03 am »
I believe this has pretty accurate parking codes. at avsim's library

new_york_jfk.zip

Catchman86

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 06:11:14 am »
That's my old v1 JFK scenery afcad. I'll take a look at that file and see what I can pull out.

p3dx3

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 11:49:13 pm »
Oh, ha! Didn't even realize that. Thanks for those files. Really helpful.

I believe Lufthansa parks at Parking 7-9. And Polar and Atlas at 18-20. Not 100% sure but that is what I have found online.

Catchman86

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2014, 04:27:06 am »
Would anyone be interested in an updated version of this?

If so, start posting changes that have occurred at JFK since summer 2013 or are not already included in the above files. If I get enough interest, I'll redo it.

dlr1984

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2016, 01:02:43 am »
Sorry, aware I'm restarting an old thread. But was there ever an update to this? It's a very useful tool....

Thanks,

Dominic