Author Topic: AI-Traffic missed but only in KLAS  (Read 8171 times)

jmk

AI-Traffic missed but only in KLAS
« on: June 19, 2013, 10:59:11 am »
Hello,

All my AI Traffic in FSX works fine, also in CYVR, KLAX or KSFO - DX9, no shadows.
Yesterday I have installed the fresh downloaded KLAS scenery but no AI Traffic appears.
Thats stupid, because the ADE file has been installed correctly, can be edited with ADE
and also no other Airport files are installed ( already checked with Airport scanner).
I have no problems with other airports- only KLAS keeps empty.
What I could do next to solve this problem? Any advice?

Thank for all you assistance just in advance!

Jens

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AI-Traffic missed but only in KLAS
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 08:26:33 pm »
There's no reason why the traffic doesn't appear there, are you SURE it's really empty and not, perhaps, with AI in peripheral zones ? If this is the case, perhaps your AI models don't have proper atc_airline_codes, and our sceneries usually rely on them, rather than on the generic parking type (GA, Cargo, etc.)

jmk

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 08:18:08 am »
Thanks for your reply! When all the other airports work and KLAS dont usually there has to be a problem in the AFCAD/ ADE file. This is what I still try to find out. When opening your file in ADE and compile it again I get a failure message
"The attribute 'excludeExtrusionBridgeObjects' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema." and also the fences with "INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2031: Failed element parse <Vertex>".
This compilation does not work. I have tried other ADE files from the web without these failure messages but at the end - no traffic. I have installed UTX + GEX USA. Has anybody reported a conflict here?
Mysterious!

Jens

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 03:41:03 pm »
all the other airports work and KLAS dont usually there has to be a problem in the AFCAD/ ADE file. This is what I still try to find out. When opening your file in ADE and compile it again I get a failure message
"The attribute 'excludeExtrusionBridgeObjects' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema." and also the fences with "INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2031: Failed element parse <Vertex>".

There isn't any problem with our AFCAD. That error seems to indicate you are trying to edit an FSX AFCAD with ADE configured to work with FS9 and, since FS9 doesn't have extrusion objects or fences, the perfectly legal commands for an FSX AFAD, are rejected by the FS9 compiler.

It's fairly normal that, if you try to edit the AFCAD that way, you are corrupting it and that's likely the cause for missing AIs too.

jmk

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 04:30:52 pm »
I understand what you say. But I am wondering why the AP_KLAS file in your Original FSX Installer does not show up the AI-Traffic. Btw. thats the origin reason why I start to edit the file and look for possible reasons of the problem. I work with the latest version of ADE
and try to compile it again. ( like many others before i.e. CYVR, KLAX) But when I compile your KLAS Original file I got the failure messages described. Does there exist still another FSX native ADE file? Again I am referring to your ADE file in the installer.

Thanks for your support!

Jens

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 06:06:56 pm »
But I am wondering why the AP_KLAS file in your Original FSX Installer does not show up the AI-Traffic.

It surely does, read my previous question:รน

There's no reason why the traffic doesn't appear there, are you SURE it's really empty and not, perhaps, with AI in peripheral zones ? If this is the case, perhaps your AI models don't have proper atc_airline_codes, and our sceneries usually rely on them, rather than on the generic parking type (GA, Cargo, etc.)

But when I compile your KLAS Original file I got the failure messages described

Again, this doesn't have anything to do with our AFCAD, it's because you are configured ADE wrongly.

Does there exist still another FSX native ADE file? Again I am referring to your ADE file in the installer.

There's no such thing as an "ADE file", we only have a standard AFCAD, which is a .BGL and is compiled with the official BGLCOMP from the FSX SDK, and it's entirely native.

In fact, it's BECAUSE it's a native FSX file that you get the error in the first place! Your FS9-configured ADE is trying to understand native FSX command that the FS9 compiler doesn't understand, that's the exact meaning of your error message.

jmk

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 11:16:25 am »
Hello again,

So far I could not solve my problem unfortunately :(
I have tried several changes in the scenery.cfg but without success. No double entries in the Afcad/ ADE and in the scenery.cfg. The scenery is fully available and looks really nice- but without traffic. All my AI- traffic is coded. Otherwise it would not work in CYVR or KLAX. I have realized California works well ( also the small airports) and Nevada does not. The airports in the neigbourhood also dont show any traffic. What could block the AI-traffic in Nevada?

Kind regards

Jens

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 01:50:31 pm »
I have realized California works well ( also the small airports) and Nevada does not. The airports in the neigbourhood also dont show any traffic. What could block the AI-traffic in Nevada?

At least finally proves the problem didn't had anything to do with FSDT KLAS, which appears to be just another casualty of your general lack of AI in Nevada.

Perhaps you have a problem with your Traffic.bgl, the file that hold the AI schedules, either you have a duplicate file, or a corrupted file, or a file that simply doesn't contain schedules to/from airports in Nevada, for some reason.

jmk

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 05:17:18 pm »
Hello Umberto,

I have found the reason for my problem with the help of some guys in a German forum.
The MAIW traffic bgl of Nellis was still in FS09 format and has caused the conflict.
By compiling this file in FSX format everything is OK now. Now I am happy and can enjoy the wonderful KLAS scenery!

Kind regards

Jens