Author Topic: KLAX Textures resizer - will help against stuttering  (Read 10677 times)

Er!k

KLAX Textures resizer - will help against stuttering
« on: June 18, 2013, 09:34:39 pm »
Hi all, I noticed there wasn't a texture resizer for KLAX yet, so I decided to give it a try. Download the ZIP and place it in the Klax_v2\texture folder. Start resize.bat and voila! Please let me know if it helps  :)

Hnla

Re: KLAX Textures resizer - will help against stuttering
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 09:38:50 pm »
There is a texture resizer that comes with the Addon Manager, that allows you to choose from three different resolutions..

And if you are having stuttering, it's not because textures are up to high, and "resizing" textures won't fix it, it's likely something set up incorrectly in your graphic settings or an incorrect FSX.cfg tweak.

HenningL

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 09:59:49 pm »
Where as the texture resizers will cure or lower most stutters in FS9, I found that adding alpha channels to all dxt3 textures will cure ALL stutters in FS9. A lot of FSDT dxt3 textures lack alpha channels, for visual reasons I believe, but adding the alpha channel makes the fluidity so much better.

Henning

Er!k

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 08:20:48 am »
There is a texture resizer that comes with the Addon Manager, that allows you to choose from three different resolutions..

And if you are having stuttering, it's not because textures are up to high, and "resizing" textures won't fix it, it's likely something set up incorrectly in your graphic settings or an incorrect FSX.cfg tweak.
Did not know it was already included. Can you point me into the right direction?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 08:29:34 pm »
Did not know it was already included. Can you point me into the right direction?

There's no resizer for FS9, and it wouldn't make any sense to use one anyway, because the FS9 versions of the textures are already resized from their original FSX version, from 4096x4096 to 1024x1024 so, resizing them at 512x512 would result a 64x less data compared to the original version, so they would probably look very blurred.