Author Topic: Thank you for supporting Majestic Q400 and the left side cargo doors!  (Read 10415 times)

Rafal

Umberto and the team,

I would like to thank you for supporting Majestic's masterpiece even though this addon is not easy to be supported by other applications due to its unprecedented way of coding (outside of FSX).
By the way you have added (I was notified by the Live Updates engine yesterday) support for the left side cargo doors which, I am sure, was so much awaited by many simmers.  :)

Here's the proof for the non-believers (forgive me the large screenshot):

By the way, I have noticed a tiny bug with the suitcases sticking out through the trolley's side.
Here's a screenshot taken at Aerosoft's LIEO, stand 204:

The vehicles' animation still seems strange to me at times.
The bus is jumping forward and backward and the luggage loaders are driving long circles before they approach the plane.
Additionally the vehicles like to cross each other's routes driving through one another.
As a brand new FSXer I have no GSX experience with aircraft other than MJC Q400, so I guess this could be due to the plane's size (and maybe above mentioned difficulty).
Maybe it is also due to the chosen stand's size, but as a small regional turbopro's pilot I intentionally choose smaller stands instead of large jet destined ones. Mayb it be the reason?

Thank you very much once again!
After many years of using the competitive product, you have completely bought me to your side (I know some people use both together, but I am generally not a big fun of combos).

All the best,
Rafal
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 01:29:02 pm by Rafal »
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
By the way you have added (I was notified by the Live Updates engine yesterday) support for the left side cargo doors which, I am sure, was so much awaited by many simmers.  :)

Yes, we haven't advertised it a lot, because we don't consider it as being finished. We are well aware of the problems you reported, but we chose to release it anyway, so you can at least use the Q400.

It's still a work in progress, expect support for left cargo doors to be improved a lot in the future.

mhlarsen

Yes, we haven't advertised it a lot, because we don't consider it as being finished. We are well aware of the problems you reported, but we chose to release it anyway, so you can at least use the Q400.

It's still a work in progress, expect support for left cargo doors to be improved a lot in the future.

Now thats what I call good news Umberto  :)

Michael

twharrell

This is indeed great news. However, I did not get any notice from Live Update about this new feature.  I use P3D and launch it using SimLauncher. Should I try launching P3D directly to get the update?

Todd

VHHHflyer

I also did not get any update when i ran the update tool in the menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
This is indeed great news. However, I did not get any notice from Live Update about this new feature.

If you installed JFK 2.1 or Flightbeam KIAD or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager during the last 2-3 days, you are already updated, so it would explain why you didn't get any notification.

And, if you chose to ignore a major update in the past, there might be issues with this update or the fact you haven't been notified so, I suggest downloading and installing the current GSX Full installer.

I use P3D and launch it using SimLauncher. Should I try launching P3D directly to get the update?

If you don't launch P3D in the standard way, GSX won't probably work at all. I havent tested it but, we got some reports that launching either FSX or P3D using external launchers result in problems with GSX and our sceneries too.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 11:37:16 am by virtuali »

A350_Sharklet

are left side cargo only possible with the Dash or can i use it with Bigger ones like 777 747 A330? I try´d it with the BB A330F and gets only right side. I see no option in customize the Gate.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
are left side cargo only possible with the Dash

Any airplane, of course.

or can i use it with Bigger ones like 777 747 A330? I try´d it with the BB A330F and gets only right side. I see no option in customize the Gate.

There's no special option: just put the door in the proper place using the GSX editor, and be sure you rotate it so the arrow points to the *outside*. A Cargo door on the left will have a negative X value and it will be reported in orange color in the editor dialog.

Note that, only 2 cargo doors are allowed, in total, so you can't have 2 cargo doors on the right and 1 on the left. Just 2 in total.

Andrew737

Hi Umberto

Straight over the top?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 11:11:05 am by virtuali »
Regards Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Straight over the top?

There are two places were you download the GSX installer: from the "Product" page or in the GSX "Info" page. Both points to the same file, of course.

cowings1588

Re: Thank you for supporting Majestic Q400 and the left side cargo doors!
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 11:20:28 am »
Umberto, First off Thank you for updating GSX to allow us to finally use the left side for Q400 & Regional Jets who use the left side.  I am very aware its not a complete project yet like you have said & look forward to its many improvements & updates along the way.  :)

Just wondering if its at all possible, I've noticed this when using GSX & not just at one Airport But like at IAH,PHX so far.. When requested boarding especially IAH right now because its BluePrints scenery & there are no jetways available for use & they use the passenger bus to bring the passengers over to the aircraft. I notice when they are done. They start to turn out but then pull back & then turn around & they turn around right into the plane next to me if there is one there.. I was just wondering if there is a way where you can configure them to back all the way out & then just drive off on to the zipper road instead of coming back into & turning around into the area of the airplanes ?

My other issue was with the Food Service truck especially the rear one that comes to back door, it always seems like it makes a hard turn & usually goes right through my plane to turn around. Was also wondering on the next update or one after that if not next very one if you can have it go out a little farther then turn in for the aircraft.. Nothing big just suggestions that's all..

I apologize if I made it difficult for you to understand..   
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 08:52:47 pm by cowings1588 »
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 12:35:10 pm »
As I've said:

we don't consider it as being finished. We are well aware of the problems you reported, but we chose to release it anyway, so you can at least use the Q400.

Also something I've noticed & was wondering

I find it very difficult to read through your wall of text, with no easy to read formatting and all such & signs. Could you please rewrite it in a more clear way AND, as asked plenty of times by now, ALWAYS include a REPRODUCTION case ?

A reproduction case is something like:

I was at the following airport, made by this developer using this AFCAD, I was using this airplane, I was parked at this gate, I called this service and then this happened.

How are we supposed to improve anything, if you describe a problem as if it would happen everywhere and in every condition ? Almost all problems are invariably caused by specific cases, specific airplanes, specific AFCADs issues and specific parking sizes so, without a precise reproduction case, we just can't do anything.

And no, don't think that it's worthless to report a single case on a single airport because, due to the global nature of GSX, chances are that an fix that improves a specific situation in a specific airport, could easily improve hundreds of similar cases around the world.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 12:40:57 pm by virtuali »

cowings1588

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 09:45:59 pm »
Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong because I'm not getting any belt loaders when I call up for boarding. Only getting the bag carts to show up.. 
COA
Bill

Rafal

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2013, 09:57:18 pm »
Bill, raise the blue bar (lying on the ground now) to the level of the cargo door.
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

cowings1588

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2013, 10:07:26 pm »
Thank you, I thought I must be missing something & if I painted a picture usually that helps you see what I'm doing wrong..  

I do believe it I finally figured it out.. Thanks
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 10:22:33 pm by cowings1588 »
COA
Bill