Author Topic: JFK 2.1 FSX - all scenery objects disappearing  (Read 9248 times)

ericst01

JFK 2.1 FSX - all scenery objects disappearing
« on: June 15, 2013, 10:55:57 pm »
JFK v2.1 for FSX.  No I do not have AES.

Flying with stock C172 for simplicity (although same behavior with all other aircraft including PMDG, etc.).  Departing KFJK 13R at dusk.  Everything looks great -- airport buildings & gates as well as runway lighting.  After takeoff I fly heading 240 at about 1500' for several miles.  Looking out my right-hand window and slightly backwards, all scenery objects at JFK are still looking great.  I can even see the sequenced lead-in 13R/L approach lighting ("white rabbits") off in the distance.

My intention is to make another right turn over the old Brooklyn CGAS, intercept CRI, and fly the 13L approach.

Then all of a sudden all JFK scenery objects disappear by about the time I'm getting close to the Brooklyn CGAS.  Can't tell you the precise location, but obviously several miles away from JFK.

I follow the Shore Parkway (since now the lead-in lights and all other KJFK scenery objects have disappeared).  Fly the 13L approach as best as I can by visual cues (Shore Parkway, aqueduct, etc.).  KFJK scenery objects never re-appear, all the way down to a very dark 13L touchdown.  Airplanes are there (Ultimate Traffic 2) bizarrely taxiing around a largely absent KFJK airport -- no buildings, no more taxi or runway lighting, etc; only dark slabs of runway and taxiways are present.

Something is causing KFJK scenery objects to disappear when one departs and then re-enters the airport "boundary," whatever that is.  Apparently you get 1 shot at seeing scenery and that's it.  After you leave and re-enter it is all gone.

Have uninstalled/reinstalled KJFK multiple times to no avail.

- ES

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK 2.1 FSX - all scenery objects disappearing
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 12:15:08 am »
Please note if you still have the "Couatl powered products" menu after the objects disappear.

If you still have it, but objects don't show, try the "Restart Couatl" option from its menu.

If you don't have the Couatl menu when the objects disappear, perhaps it has crashed for some reason, in this case you should enable logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings menus, and send both your Couatl.LOG and Couatl.ERR files that will be generated in the %APPDATA%\virtuali folder.

VBV001

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 11:44:23 am »
Hello,

I have also problems with V2. I did some tests and V1 works fine, but with V2 I am missing the buildings and Couatl powered products is gone from the menu. No error log has been made.

I have start FSX over and over again and notice the following. After the start I go to:

1) LSGG: No problem
2) LSZH: No problem
3) KORD: Buildings are a bit in the air, but after restarting the Couatl there are on the right place
4) KJFK: No buildings and Couatl powered products gone out of the menu.

I am out of options at this moment. The problem seems to be V2 but maybe you can help me.

Regards,

Cor

P.S. the virusscan was off the whole time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 01:14:32 pm »
4) KJFK: No buildings and Couatl powered products gone out of the menu.

As I've said in my previous message:

If you don't have the Couatl menu when the objects disappear, perhaps it has crashed for some reason, in this case you should enable logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings menus, and send both your Couatl.LOG and Couatl.ERR files that will be generated in the %APPDATA%\virtuali folder.

VBV001

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 01:32:26 pm »
Hello virtuali,

I would have sent the logs if I had any, but there aren´t any logs in the folder.
Only some configuration files and a dir named airplanes and a dir GSX.

Regards,

Cor

ericst01

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 02:40:15 pm »
Update:

Couatl menu still present; restarting doesn't help.

However, I think I just found a clue.  A red-letter message flashed along the upper-left portion of my screen for just a few seconds (hard to see since it's not there long) stating something to the effect that my "Trial period had ended."  This happened at the identical time that all scenery disappeared.  It was around 5 minutes after I started the flight.  Hadn't noticed this before, but I suppose that faulty licensing verification may be a possible explanation.

I purchased the software, both v1 and v2 upgrade.  Should I try to re-register it?  Looked everywhere and can't find an option to do this.

- ES

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 04:11:22 pm »
A red-letter message flashed along the upper-left portion of my screen for just a few seconds (hard to see since it's not there long) stating something to the effect that my "Trial period had ended." 

If you saw that message, there's nothing wrong with the software, which is correctly removing objects because of the Trial time expiration, due to the scenery not being active.

You can check the activation status of each product with the Addon Manager, since you said this only affects JFK, the most likely explanation is that you haven't noticed that JFK V2 is still not active.

JFK and JFK V2 are two separate products with their own entires in the Addon Manager, if JFK is Active, it won't affect the activation for JFK V2, you must activate JFK V2 with its own Serial Number separately, even if you "upgraded" from JFK V1, it only means you paid less for JFK V2, but it still considered to be a separate product that must be activated separately.

VBV001

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 05:43:37 pm »
Hi,

Install it on a fresh FSX install on my laptop and did it like it was said in another thread.
Going to JFK and a buildings not there and also no error reports and crashes report.

Is there anybody who has the same problem and also getting the error reports and crashes
report?

Regards,

Cor

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 06:44:42 pm »
I would have sent the logs if I had any, but there aren´t any logs in the folder.

As I've said in my last message to you:

If you don't do that, no logs will be created. Of course, you must enable logging BEFORE the Couatl menu disappears and exit from FSX, restart FSX and wait until the menu disappears and THEN check the folder for logs.

ericst01

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 07:37:31 pm »
Silly me, I forgot about having to go back into the manager & register my new serial number for v2.x.

All problems solved on my end.  Thank you!

- ES

VBV001

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 08:07:51 pm »
I feel a little bit treated like a little kid.

I have enable logging logging in the gsx settings.

http://www.vbirdva.com/vbv/images/FSDT/JFK1.jpg

Then on the runway at EHAM the Couatl menu is there

http://www.vbirdva.com/vbv/images/FSDT/JFK2.jpg

Then at JFK

http://www.vbirdva.com/vbv/images/FSDT/JFK3.jpg

And no log

http://www.vbirdva.com/vbv/images/FSDT/JFK4.jpg

And yes the scenery is activated

http://www.vbirdva.com/vbv/images/FSDT/JFK5.jpg

When installing the scenery I am getting the next error

http://www.vbirdva.com/vbv/images/FSDT/JFK6.jpg

Maybe the pictures tell you a little bit more.

Regards,

Cor

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 09:28:46 pm »
I feel a little bit treated like a little kid.

None of your screenshots can be seen, they all report a 403 error AND a 404 error at the same time. Try again.