Author Topic: Problems with Honolulu disappearing AGAIN after downloading Hawaiian Airports V2  (Read 8913 times)

annber

>:( >:( >:( This is very upsetting and it is leaving me leery of ever downloading anything else FSDT makes for fear it screws up my settings. About a year or so ago I downloaded Dallas to give it a try in DEMO mode, then I discovered that my Honolulu scenery disappeared, and I did post here about it but for some reason I cannot find that post anymore.
Lately I have been creating Photoreal scenery for Hawaii (the big island), so I decided to try Hilo in DEMO mode. Well, not only is there no buildings in Hilo, but my whole Honolulu scenery has disappeared again. Could someone please tell me what could possibly be the cause and also please help me solve it, I do want to add Hawaiian Airports V1 & v2, but I need to figure out this problem first, thanks!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
If other FSDT products are working, the only possible explanation is that you have an old version of the Hawaii airports sceneries. The Addon Manager has an automatic update notification for new updates but, since it can be turned off, if you turned it off in the past, you might have missed an important update.

Download and install all the current version of the sceneries, as found on our "Products" page and, eventually, install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager as the last thing you do.

If no FSDT product is working now, then it's an entirely different issue so, please clarify what's the case.

annber

Update, just found the old posts regarding the Dallas incident, this time however, I am not getting anything about downloading the manager, it is just that there is no scenery, and I still have not checked LAX, I await your reply with advice, thanks!
Update 2, just saw your post, will try that and post results , thanks!!

annber

Umberto, thanks for your quick reply, but after reading your post again I realized that I may need to explain my problem better.

-In FSX, the only other scenery I have from FSDT is Honolulu, which has been working very well until I downloaded the Hawaiian Airports demo just yesterday. Now there are no buildings in Honolulu.
-I have LAX (the old version for FS9), but I no longer run FS9, so that scenery is not in this setup.
-The Hawaiian Airports I downloaded yesterday, so it is the latest version, right?
So, in summary, my only FSDT scenery, Honolulu, is not working since I downloaded the Demo for Hilo yesterday. I await your reply with further instructions, thanks!!!
Included is a pic of Hilo with my photoreal background and not buildings with FSDT Hilo.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 07:25:10 pm by annber »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Ok, so, nothing from FSDT is working. I had the impression, from your first message, that after you installed KDFW, only the Hawaii airports disappeared, not everything.

The usual question: do you have BOTH the Addon Manager AND the Couatl powered products menus under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

Of course, I assume you already downloaded and installed the latest version of every scenery. If not, do it now.

annber

Problem solved, thanks again for your very fast reply, this is what I call 5 stars customer care, great work Umberto. Would speak to you in Italian, but left Italy when I was 5, not much left of my Italian. :(
Beautiful scenery for Hawaiian Airports, goes well with my photo scenery and will buy it for sure.

Grey Eagle

This is Grey Eagle,
And I'm brand new at this,so I'm not sure if what I'm going to say, will be dealt with?
I just purchased my first FSX airport a couple of days ago thru Just Flight the problem is ... when I replay the flight the whole Honolulu Intl AP disappears! I have about 140 or so enhanced AP's and this is the first time this has ever happened? Please have an answer for me as soon as you can.
Regards,
Grey Eagle

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
when I replay the flight the whole Honolulu Intl AP disappears! I have about 140 or so enhanced AP's and this is the first time this has ever happened?

Your problem doesn't have anything to do with the one being discussed in this thread.

In fact, is not even a problem or a bug and there's nothing to fix, it has been discussed many times already here on the forum and, due to the fact that our sceneries use Simconnect calls to create objects, they will not display using the default instant replay in FSX. This is an FSX limitation that happens not just with FSDT sceneries, but with any other product that uses Simconnect to create objects, for example Ultimate Traffic 2 won't display any AIs in the default instant replay.

You can use the FS Recorder utility, that works with all products that use Simconnect to create objects, including (but not only) FSDT sceneries.