Author Topic: Strange behavior when purchase process is complete on Zurich 9  (Read 7166 times)

JohnKeaneTW

Folks

I just purchased Zurich 9 and it's beautiful! I just wanted to pass along to the crew here that I observed some strange stuff when the scenery was activated after purchase {It's gone now after exiting FS9 and restarting}. There were several dialog boxes after it asked me to activate Zurich which were pointing to directories on my FS9 setup that aren't there. In particular a message saying textures were missing in an "Fsdreamteam\liml\scenery\texture directory" and another one referencing a "Fsdreamteam\scenery\world\texture" directory. {there were a few others that had me scratching my head/"Say what?" moment} It was at that point all my tree textures turned into those clunky non-textured ones. Some of the autogen disappeared too. Then that was it. No more dialog boxes. I then tried to refresh the scenery but the non-textured trees were staying. Autogen was still gone. So I re-started FS9 and now everything is just fine. Trees are textured and the autogen is back...no issues. Frame rates are excellent.

You guys may want to take a look at the installer and activation routine in case of problems with this. It's the LATEST version I downloaded from one of the Forum links here referring to downloading the latest version after a weekend outage of the download server. I grabbed my version from that thread here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=740.msg6514#msg6514

Just passing this along in case this happens with others.

Let me say, once I saw the demo work on my computer, I had to have it. It's beautiful scenery! I needed a new Zurich Kloten scenery after my "FreeZ" version stopped working yesterday {I have no idea what happened with it and it was updated to the latest version}..So I saw yours and had to try it. You've gained a "new" old Lago/Cloud9 customer back. Great work guys!!

Regards
John
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 06:18:23 pm by JohnKeaneTW »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Strange behavior when purchase process is complete on Zurich 9
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 07:15:30 pm »
So I re-started FS9 and now everything is just fine. Trees are textured and the autogen is back...no issues. Frame rates are excellent.

You are the only one that found this strange issue, is certainly not an installer problem.

The only explanation I have, is that maybe FS9 was still closing when you installed Zurich, and some files were still open or locked (probably scenery.cfg) and that made that strange message appearing.

JohnKeaneTW

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 07:50:16 pm »

You are the only one that found this strange issue, is certainly not an installer problem.

The only explanation I have, is that maybe FS9 was still closing when you installed Zurich, and some files were still open or locked (probably scenery.cfg) and that made that strange message appearing.

I wasn't closing FS9 as this was happening, only watching the thing activated itself after I purchased it.
That's when these weird things were happening.

I had just installed the Demo version and that's when I saw how beautiful it was and had to get it. It was during that final round of the activation process when these dialogs were appearing. Then the autogen/tree textures disappeared.

I figured something like you say was going on as FS, and especially FS9 is a bit finicky and fussy about scenery coming online. {You have to restart FS9 to see scenery changes unlike previous versions} As you say, it was being open or locked and/or the Scenery CFG was being looked at? I took a deep breath and hoped it was fine. I was so happy to see everything working fine after I closed FS9 and had it all back. {I had really bad luck with the FreeZ scenery last night while doing a flight for my VA and locked up as I was overflying their LSZH scenery and couldn't get it to work again}

{I'm also curious about a few files that now are in my Fsdreamteam directory that appeared once I activated it: 4 files with very small names " H} ", "è³ ", ".CFG" and " Á " , if these are okay I'll ignore them.}

I'll be lining up for more of your sceneries soon.

Regards
John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 08:04:12 pm »
{I'm also curious about a few files that now are in my Fsdreamteam directory that appeared once I activated it: 4 files with very small names " H} ", "è³ ", ".CFG" and " Á " , if these are okay I'll ignore them.}

No, these are not okay. They are not part of the installation and, by the look of their names, I think your PC has serious files issues (a virus, maybe?), because it looks like strange things are happening with your files, which was probably the same that happened after the installation.

Have you tried running a full Scandisk of your hard drive ? It will require a scan on the next reboot, and it might spot problems with your filesystem.

JohnKeaneTW

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 08:49:16 pm »
Thanks for your advice. I just updated my Norton subscription recently and wondering if these files were something with the heuristics? I'm doing a check on my H:\ where FS is located right now. My C:\ is fine as I had that checked earlier tonight.

Here is what this file "A" has typed in it:

[engine.0]
accumulated_time=0.000000
[engine.1]

The file ".CFG" has the same info in it.

The other two aren't text files though. I have to take a look at them once the scan is done.

Regards

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 04:24:14 pm »
Here is what this file "A" has typed in it:

[engine.0]
[engine.1]

Files with that data are stored as hidden files under Documents and settings\user name\application data, and are used to keep track of the number of hours you've flown that particular aircraft.  Not sure why they would be in your fsdt directory.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 06:19:56 pm »
Not sure why they would be in your fsdt directory.

And shouldn't be named "A" or anything like that. That's why I think the filesystem is messed up, something that might be possible to fix with a scandisk.

mave128

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 12:02:50 am »
hey guys,

i had the same in kord and kjfk as well.
i just restarted fs9 and everything works fine.

greetings,
sören
best wishes,
sören