Author Topic: Some buildings of the airport not showing when starting a flight **SOLVED**  (Read 31688 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Some buildings of the airport not showing when starting a flight
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2014, 11:49:03 am »
Missing big buildings ex. Concourse D is not showing just the gates but all other buildings are there.

But it's just ONE missing building ? And, it's always the same, or it's random ? I fairly sure you won't like the reply: if it's random, it means it doesn't depend on anything related to our software, which is running correctly according to your description.

The only possible explanation left (since you said it's not the Compatibility) for random disappearance of single buildings, and especially if they change when you select "Restart Couatl", it's that another add-on is stealing the Simconnect communication pipeline by sending so many commands in so short time, that our modules don't have the chance to talk with it.

Or, possibly, you are low on resources/memory, that the same happens. How's your frame rate, for example ? Are you able to check you free RAM while CYVR is running ?

About the "Compatibility" mode: even if you don't have FSX itself in Compatibility mode, it's possible that if you have another add-on launched together with it that IS running in Compatibility mode, it will make the whole sim session running in Compatibility mode anyway, which results in video drivers underperforming, and creating visual problems like disappearing buildings until you get very close.

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2014, 08:22:59 pm »
Yeah the buildings dissappear randomly.

Couatl and addon manager are the only two addos in both the dll and exe.xml files.

I have never checked my free ram but I will when I get back on my computer .Here are my fps:
On a default aircraft ie 747 it runs at 15-20 fps and on an addon aircraft like the posky 747-400 I get frames from 10-12 and from payware aircraft like the sms 777 it runs at about 10-12 fps
My settings are in the fsx.cfg a few post before, and if I turn down the settings completely I run CYVR at 20-30 fps depending on the aircraft.

UPDATE: No programs that use or run with FSX are in compatibility mode. Even programs that have nothing to do with FSX.
As for the RAM I'm using 88%.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 12:43:23 am by F-OHPM »

Acer AMD Quad-Core A10-6700
12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2014, 12:33:38 am »
I tested this problem out with other airports and the same result-random missing buildings. :'(
So it isn't a Vancouver issue.

12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2014, 08:32:42 am »
Yeah the buildings dissappear randomly.

They don't here.

I tested this problem out with other airports and the same result-random missing buildings. So it isn't a Vancouver issue.

I was quite sure of that...

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2014, 04:12:25 pm »

I tested this problem out with other airports and the same result-random missing buildings. So it isn't a Vancouver issue.

Ok just wanted to let you know.

12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
This might be completely irrelevant but did you install FSX in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X" or a different path?

12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
This might be completely irrelevant but did you install FSX in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X" or a different path?

Not relevant to any of our products, because they are all 100% UAC compliant, and are not affected by the FSX folder permissions, since they won't ever try to write in the FSX root folder, but only in the proper places such as the local appdata folder.

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
Ok thanks.

12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2014, 05:49:52 am »

Oh and just to clarify it was an FSDT airport. I tried installing the Flightbeam KSFO demo and it showed perfectly with no disappearing buildings.
This is really confusing, they both use the couatl engine/simconnect right? If so why doesn't s KSFO have disappearing buildings and CYVR and PHNL (another test airport) have disappearing buildings.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 05:52:21 am by F-OHPM »

12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2014, 09:05:32 am »
This is really confusing, they both use the couatl engine/simconnect right? If so why doesn't s KSFO have disappearing buildings and CYVR and PHNL (another test airport) have disappearing buildings.

That's not confusing at all, it simply further proves that, whatever disappearing problems you have, are not caused by the Addon Manager/Couatl programs, otherwise it would have happened to Flightbeam airports too.

Do you have other Flightbeam airports too ? There's a difference between KSFO and the other two.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 09:30:36 am by virtuali »

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2014, 09:35:43 pm »
I actually don't, but I will try more of them (FB and FSDT products), I also tried it with Geneva same result as FB's KSFO (It worked).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 11:09:11 pm by virtuali »

12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I actually don't, but I will try more of them (FB and FSDT products), I also tried it with Geneva same result as FB's KSFO (It worked).

That even more clearly indicates there's a problem with video driver settings. Both KSFO and LSGG use less advanced materials like shaders, etc, while both CYVR and KJFK use shaders everywhere, so they could suffer from a problem with video settings.

I asked about other Flightbeam sceneries, because KSFO is the only one that doesn't require Couatl so, perhaps if there was a problem with it, you would not see it there. But LSGG does require Couatl too, like CYVR, the only difference is a simpler scenery in usage of the GPU.

P.S.
Could you please resize the image on your signature ? Is really far too big, it doesn't seem a signature, more like a posted screenshot.

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
I've tested ALL FSDT/Flightbeam airports here's the ones that did work.(meaning no disappearing buildings)

Geneva FSDT
Dallas Forth Worth FSDT
Flightbeam's KSFOX
ZhurichX FSDT

And here again are my video card settings (Both system and FSX). Is there a problem in the settings? If so what should I do to fix it?
My graphics card is a Radeon 8400HD (integrated)

« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 12:07:37 am by F-OHPM »

12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
And here again are my video card settings (Both system and FSX). Is there a problem in the settings? If so what should I do to fix it? My graphics card is a Radeon 8400HD (integrated)

I can't guaranteed that the most advanced shaders will ever run on an integrated graphic card, and even if they did, they would probably have very unsatisfactory performances, see here how it compares to dedicated GPUs:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+HD+8400
http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/?gid=1958&graphics=Radeon%20HD%208400

The only settings that we know for sure to cause problems on ATI cards, is the "Adaptive Anti-Aliasing", because it will create parts of objects randomly disappear, which is why we explicitly tell to turn it OFF in the "Design Notes" on our manuals for the more recent sceneries like KLAX or CYVR.

Of course, these is what we found using dedicated graphic cards, but when you run on integrated graphic, all bets are off, and you are really on your own on that one, because such cards don't have the same level of support for advanced shaders, they are really good for casual gaming only and in FSX, for older sceneries that don't push the graphic hardware a lot, not in the sense of scenery complexity, but in the usage of advanced material.

I can only say that, this is why we have Trial versions for,

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
Ok thanks for the help I guess its because my graphics card sucks ;D

So if I get a new graphics card will it possibly fix the disappearing buildings problem?

12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam