Author Topic: Some buildings of the airport not showing when starting a flight **SOLVED**  (Read 31687 times)

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
Re: Some buildings of the airport not showing when starting a flight
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 11:55:28 pm »
Any other suggestions Virtuali? I'd be happy to give you as much info on my computer you need.

As I've said the only KNOWN causes for objects appearing ONLY when getting close, is the "Compatibility" mode enabled ( by FSX or another add-on that runs together with it ), or the AAA.

If you will eventually find what was causing this on YOUR system, we'll might add it to the known causes too. It surely doesn't happen here or can be replicated in any way.

Have you tried lowering the texture resolution in the CYVR installer ? Perhaps you are just using too much memory with your other installed add-ons, so there's not enough memory left to run CYVR safely. Which is why, CYVR give you some options to save memory. And, you can try using DX10.

I reinstalled CYVR using the lowest settings possible and ran it in DX10 mode. It still has the missing buildings all taxiways and other buildings are there but just a random group of buildings that are not showing. Its usually the YVR commercial ops building (where the cargojet aircraft parks).
I will try to disable FSUIPC (my only other addon).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:28:47 am by F-OHPM »

Acer AMD Quad-Core A10-6700
12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 06:23:54 am »
I'm not to sure if these will help but here are my dll.xml, exe.xml, and FSX.cfg.

*tried disabling FSUIPC didn't work.

12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 12:57:42 pm »
Sorry but, I can only repeat and confirm that, the only KNOWN causes for objects appearing ONLY when getting close or the reason why SOME objects are missing, is the "Compatibility" mode enabled ( by FSX or another add-on that runs together with it ), or the AAA.

If there was a problem with the software, you wouldn't see ANYTHING. No scenery at all, no buildings at all, just jetways. If you see parts of the scenery and some missing, and especially in a seemingly random pattern, it means everything is running correctly, and the problem is something else in your settings.

OR, another add-on which is interfering, maybe the Simconnect communication pipe is abused by this other add-on, so our software is running, but doesn't have a chance to communicate with FSX.

We had a couple of reports of these issues, they can only be found by disabling all your add-on modules in the DLL and EXE XML files ( except the Addon Manager and Couatl, of course ), then re-enabling them one by one, until you find the culprit.

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 12:38:32 am »
Sorry but, I can only repeat and confirm that, the only KNOWN causes for objects appearing ONLY when getting close or the reason why SOME objects are missing, is the "Compatibility" mode enabled ( by FSX or another add-on that runs together with it ), or the AAA.

If there was a problem with the software, you wouldn't see ANYTHING. No scenery at all, no buildings at all, just jetways. If you see parts of the scenery and some missing, and especially in a seemingly random pattern, it means everything is running correctly, and the problem is something else in your settings.

OR, another add-on which is interfering, maybe the Simconnect communication pipe is abused by this other add-on, so our software is running, but doesn't have a chance to communicate with FSX.

We had a couple of reports of these issues, they can only be found by disabling all your add-on modules in the DLL and EXE XML files ( except the Addon Manager and Couatl, of course ), then re-enabling them one by one, until you find the culprit.

Sadly the only addon I have in the exe/dll.xml files are coatl and addon manager.

12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

johnny_gitara

Re:
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 01:38:39 am »
It happens to me too, same simptoms, I see it mostly on cyvr, bu again it happens on all other airports by fsdt and flightbeam that I have, not always but it does, where a part of the terminal or a complete building won't appear. They reappear if I move closer to them. So you are clearly not the only one. I just learned to live with it :-)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 04:37:00 am »
It happens to me too, same simptoms, I see it mostly on cyvr, bu again it happens on all other airports by fsdt and flightbeam that I have, not always but it does, where a part of the terminal or a complete building won't appear. They reappear if I move closer to them. So you are clearly not the only one. I just learned to live with it :-)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk
Sadly CYVR is one of my top FSX destinations so it's really hard to just live with it.
I also found a few of people who have similar problems which didn't work.

And a couatl err log appeared today I thought it might help.

couatl v2.0 (build 2358)
panic log started on Mon Feb 17 17:07:48 2014

problem raised by addon <unknown>Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 120, in onEnter
  File "couatl\common\rwsl.py", line 236, in onEnter
AssertionError
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:22:08 am by F-OHPM »

12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2014, 12:35:39 pm »
And a couatl err log appeared today I thought it might help.

couatl v2.0 (build 2358)
panic log started on Mon Feb 17 17:07:48 2014

problem raised by addon <unknown>Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 120, in onEnter
  File "couatl\common\rwsl.py", line 236, in onEnter
AssertionError

Yes, that's useful to know but, it only appeared today ? Or, you simply had error logging turned off until today ?

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2014, 08:26:34 pm »
I remember I was in full screen and all buildings loaded, then I restarted coatl and sone buildings dissapeared so I exited to main menu and coatl had some sort of cash. I think this caused this and I think o turned on the err log on yesterday.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 09:29:28 pm by virtuali »

12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2014, 09:30:52 pm »
I remember I was in full screen and all buildings loaded, then I restarted coatl and sone buildings dissapeared so I exited to main menu and coatl had some sort of cash. I think this caused this and I think o turned on the err log on yesterday.

Restarting Couatl should FIX this, not cause this...does it crash now, if you restart it after you see a building disappearing ? Do you still see that error in the log, under a new line, after restarting Couatl ?

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2014, 12:56:24 am »

Restarting Couatl should FIX this, not cause this...does it crash now, if you restart it after you see a building disappearing ? Do you still see that error in the log, under a new line, after restarting Couatl ?

Restarting couatl sometimes made it worse (more buildings dissapeared) and no, no new lines in the log, I'm guessing it had something to do with another thing I did.

*And for some reason static cars disappear from afar just like the buildings but again reappear when coming close.

I'm going to try using the simconnect.ini method and see if there are any warnings or errors.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 01:04:19 am by F-OHPM »

12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2014, 01:21:40 am »
Here's what in simmconect.INI when I go close to a building and it reappears.

12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2014, 09:17:08 am »
Here's what in simmconect.INI when I go close to a building and it reappears.

What do you mean with "close" ? Buildings are SUPPOSED to appear/disappear when you go close!! But as I've said, if this distance is clearly wrong, like a big, important building appearing only when you are in front of it, that's a problem of the Compatibility mode enabled. Again, that's the only KNOWN cause of it...

But, instead, if you are seeing smaller stuff appearing/disappearing, that's how the scenery has been made and, as explained many times o the forum too, can be controlled by the "Anti pop-up" setting in the Addon Manager. The default of 1, means those smaller objects will appear/disappear on a distance we programmed. Any other larger value, means the threshold distance will be multiplied by that value.

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2014, 05:19:46 pm »

What do you mean with "close" ? Buildings are SUPPOSED to appear/disappear when you go close!! But as I've said, if this distance is clearly wrong, like a big, important building appearing only when you are in front of it, that's a problem of the Compatibility mode enabled. Again, that's the only KNOWN cause of it...

But, instead, if you are seeing smaller stuff appearing/disappearing, that's how the scenery has been made and, as explained many times o the forum too, can be controlled by the "Anti pop-up" setting in the Addon Manager. The default of 1, means those smaller objects will appear/disappear on a distance we programmed. Any other larger value, means the threshold distance will be multiplied by that value.

Yes it when I go in front or near the objecy when it reappears , but I can confirm all programs that run with fsx are not in compatibility mode. And reject particle radius is at1.

12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2014, 05:25:43 pm »
Yes it when I go in front or near the objecy when it reappears

What "object" ? A small, detail-like object, or a main, big building ? As I've said in my previous message, smaller objects are SUPPOSED to appear only when getting close and, not only that, they also appear/disappear depending on your altitude from ground.

Even the switch by altitude can be turned on/off, using the appropriate option in the Addon Manager, named "Altitude Cull"

And reject particle radius is at1.

Haven't said anything about that parameter, if you are referring to the "SmallPartsRejectRadius" FSX tweak. What controls the loading range of the entire object, for objects belonging to sceneries managed by the Addon Manager, is the "Anti pop-up" slider, in the FSDT tweaks section. That slider will only affect smaller objects, because larger one (main buildings) have their loading range fixed at the whole airport radius, which is about 10 NM.

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2014, 07:09:01 pm »
Missing big buildings ex. Concourse D is not showing just the gates but all other buildings are there.

Yes and sorry I meant anti-popup=1

12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam