Author Topic: GSX not working (solved)  (Read 6224 times)

krieke58

GSX not working (solved)
« on: May 30, 2013, 02:44:19 pm »
Hello,

till a few days ago GSX worked perfectly, no issues since install.

I did a total reinstall of FSX and addons, installed GSX. It appears in the FSX-menu. I set a different key (as before) but I cannot get SX to work again. I tried different keystrokes but nothing happens. Reinstalled addon-manager also. When I open the addon manager GSX is not listed.

Any ideas how to get it to function again ?  ???

Eddy.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 07:31:10 am by krieke58 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not working
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 02:57:12 pm »
Reinstalled addon-manager also. When I open the addon manager GSX is not listed.

You mean GSX doesn't appear in the list of products that can be purchased ? This can only happen if you installed an old scenery installer (one that didn't had online self-update featur) after GSX.

Running the full GSX installer as the last thing you do, should fix this.

FlyingOger

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 06:50:55 am »
I have this too... just restarting COAUTL is usually sufficient on my box.

krieke58

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 08:16:47 am »
Very weird. Reinstalled the full package (administrator), restarted couatl. I can't get it to work again. The strange thing is that the product doesn't appear in the addon manager. I also reinstalled ZurichX. None of the 2 appear in addon manager. Strange. I sadly think a total reinstall of FSX might be in order (pff...).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 09:40:50 am »
None of the 2 appear in addon manager

But do you at least have something else in the Addon Manager available products ? It's just Zurich and GSX not appearing, or the list is entirely empty ?

It would be really odd to have only 2 products missing, since all FSDT products are together in the same file (bglmanx_fsdt.dat), and Zurich should be present even in ancient versions of the installers (since it was there since 2007)

krieke58

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 10:40:48 am »
Hello,

yes, there is something in the addon manager.
I'm not at my fsx-pc now but i think to recall there are 2 in the left pane : cloud9 and flightbeam (this one not sure).
Could my issue have something to do with missing entries in my exe.xml and dll.xml?
Regards.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 10:43:45 am by krieke58 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 10:51:57 am »
I'm not at my fsx-pc now but i think to recall there are 2 in the left pane : cloud9 and flightbeam (this one not sure).

Ok, if this is the case, it seems more reasonable: you are missing all FSDT products, which seems to indicate the bglmanx_fsdt.dat file is missing/corrupted.

However, this will be downloaded automatically whenever you run any product installer so, the only explanation left, is that your local file has gone missing, and some problem with your internet connection (maybe a firewall ?) has blocked the download, so the file couldn't be restored.

krieke58

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 11:13:28 am »
Thanks for the reply.
I'll check ny firewall tonight. But I'm pretty sure that I haven't blocked your program.

krieke58

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 08:55:29 pm »
Have checked firewall. No blocking. Anyway I turned it off and redownloaded everything. Deleted fsx.cfg. On startup I have to approve everything else installed but no couatl or addon manager. There is something missing obviously. I think reinstall FSX is in order. Thanks for the support anyway.

krieke58

Re: GSX not working (solved)
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 09:04:16 am »
After reinstalling FSX and GSX everything works as before.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 07:30:21 am by krieke58 »