Author Topic: Has anyone got a config for the Majestic Dash 8?  (Read 10222 times)

J3Solo

Has anyone got a config for the Majestic Dash 8?
« on: June 06, 2013, 04:15:38 pm »
I just bought GSX and am very much impressed with it. However, I really want it to work (at least for a few items) with the Majestic Dash 8, Q400 and really do not understand what is needed.
 For now, if I could just use it for the Pushback process that would be great.
 Thanks in advance for any help.
NealH

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Has anyone got a config for the Majestic Dash 8?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 09:16:02 pm »
GSX doesn't work entirely with the Q400, there are two issues left:

- Because of the custom flight model, the pushback doesn't work correctly: we added support in GSX to notify pushback already, it's now Majestic that need to update the airplane to get that notification and freeze their flight model while GSX is pushing.

- GSX doesn't support baggage/cargo loading from the left side: we are working on it right now.

robains

• Beta tester
    • Rob Ainscough
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 07:46:04 pm »
Any progress with this Umberto?  Add my name to the list ... Majestic are unlikely or unwilling to make changes to their aircraft to support GSX ... I'm ok with no pushback (I think Majestic programmed their own push back process so not a big issue for me).  But would be nice to have left side baggage/cargo load.

Keep up the great work.

Rob

J3Solo

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 11:02:45 pm »
Too bad if Majestic won't try to accommodate GSX. It just encourages me to fly something that does allow GSX to operate.
Actually, even though the Dash 8 is a beauty, it seems to develop a bug every other flight or so. Maybe the fault is my PC but only the Dash 8 is a problem. Haven't completed any of the last three flights (different bug each time).
Hope you have better results
Regards to all
Neal H

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 01:27:37 pm »
Any progress with this Umberto?  Add my name to the list ... Majestic are unlikely or unwilling to make changes to their aircraft to support GSX ... I'm ok with no pushback (I think Majestic programmed their own push back process so not a big issue for me).  But would be nice to have left side baggage/cargo load.

You must have missed many updates, the Majestic Q400 is officially supported by GSX, without any special configuration, since last June, see this message here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=8785.0

And also our update history:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

This support will make the Q400 works normally with all doors assigned and with cargo loaded on the correct side.

What's still missing is correct support for Pushback. There's nothing left to do on our side, since we added a special custom variable that will allow any developer to check if GSX is pushing, so they can eventually freeze their own flight model, and this has been explained to Majestic a long time ago so, I'm quite surprised they haven't updated it yet, considering it's a very simple check of an L: variable to be 0 or 1.

WilliamJSS

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 09:29:26 pm »
Sorry, as I know this is old, but is there any way that the consumer can change that variable? Or is it only accessible by the addon maker? If it is that simple, I have no issue trying to go ahead and change that value myself.

Thanks! And still loving GSX!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 10:15:10 am »
Sorry, as I know this is old, but is there any way that the consumer can change that variable? Or is it only accessible by the addon maker? If it is that simple, I have no issue trying to go ahead and change that value myself.

You don't understand: the variable doesn't need to be changed, it's correctly set to 1 when GSX is pushing, and correctly set to 0 when pushback ends, but it's Majestic developers that must read it in their own code, to momentarily stop updating their flight model when GSX is pushing, there's nothing we or you can do, it's Majestic that should update their code to support this.

J3Solo

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 02:28:56 pm »
 I got this Pushback/Start Engines info on another forum and it works perfectly:
Have all preps complete up to SELECT/START
When you get the "pushback complete/set brakes..." message then hit SELECT/START
Check the panel gauge to see that the selected engine is turning and if it is THEN set the parking brakes and continue the start sequence.
I tried to start during pushback but it will not until pushback is complete.
Note: If I wait until brakes are set and lock pins are removed the engines will never start.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 05:17:22 pm »
Note there are two issues to be aware using GSX + Majestic: one is the startup engine issue, the other is the flight model that doesn't react to freezing like a default flight model does during pushback, and the GSX variable we added for make it easier for Majestic to play nice with GSX, deals only with the pushback issue.

J3Solo

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 08:03:56 pm »
Well, as much as I like the Dash 8 it still will surprise me with some crazy maneuver.
Last flight: GSX loaded, pushback wen fine, engines cranked up. THEN the instant I pushed throttles forward the plane hopped into the air, did a couple of rolls, flew sideways, etc. Spoiled a lot of preparation so I'm back to PMDG JS 41.
These crazy things happen with or without GSX so it is THEIR problem.
No flame intended.....just want to show my support for GSX.