Author Topic: Chicago Ohare  (Read 3556 times)

goodperson36

Chicago Ohare
« on: June 03, 2013, 05:12:14 am »
Umberto

Just wanted to know what are your settings in fsx I just finally bought a high end system but just wanted to know if you could share you FSX slider settings with me Thanks
by the way i am loving ohare and Vancouver great job.
Edwin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Chicago Ohare
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 09:53:17 am »
It's best you ask to other users, my settings are not what most people use, since I don't really use FSX for flying or enjoyment, but only for development/testing of our products.

I don't usually use AI, except when checking AFCAD gate assignments, I don't use 3rd party airplanes, unless I need to work on a GSX custom configuration for them, I don't use any 3rd party weather or texture enhancements and I don't use photoreal or other kind of background add-on scenery.

And, I don't even use a PC which is optimized for flying, but one that is optimized for development, so my clock speed is not very high (it's Mac Pro with two 2.66 Xeon CPUs with 20GB or RAM), but with 2 CPUs and lots of RAM I can run many programs at the same time without too much slowdowns so, my fps in FSX are good only because my settings are low and I don't use many add-ons, and I can run FSX and 3DS Max + Photoshop at the same time, but if it was FSX only, a much cheaper system with a fast i7 will probably able to run faster and with higher settings than mine so, I'd say my settings are not really representative of what a normal user should look at.