Author Topic: Big problem with flight planner and Addon Manager  (Read 6895 times)

Swissflight

Big problem with flight planner and Addon Manager
« on: October 24, 2013, 12:42:40 pm »
Hello

Sorry for my english, i used Goggle Translation for help me.

I have a problem with FSDreamteam scenery and flight planner of FSX.
I have 2 sceneries: Geneva (LSGG) and Zurich (LSZH).
I load FSX then I create a flight Geneva - Zurich (for example) into the FSX flight planner to using the FSX ATC. After that, I load the flight situation created with the flight planner to put me in Geneva. From there, all Ultimate Traffic 2 aircrafts sink into the ground.

I found the following problem: the flight plan created by the planner to separate the coordinates by commas instead of dots.

See Below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="1,0">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <FlightPlan.FlightPlan>
        <Title>LSGG to LSZH</Title>
        <FPType>IFR</FPType>
        <RouteType>LowAlt</RouteType>
        <CruisingAlt>11000</CruisingAlt>
        <DepartureID>LSGG</DepartureID>
        <DepartureLLA>N46° 13' 34,50",E6° 5' 29,82",+001411,00</DepartureLLA>
        <DestinationID>LSZH</DestinationID>
        <DestinationLLA>N47° 26' 46,26",E8° 33' 22,56",+001416,00</DestinationLLA>
        <Descr>LSGG, LSZH</Descr>
        <DeparturePosition>5</DeparturePosition>
        <DepartureName>Geneva</DepartureName>
        <DestinationName>Zurich</DestinationName>
        <AppVersion>
            <AppVersionMajor>10</AppVersionMajor>
            <AppVersionBuild>61637</AppVersionBuild>
        </AppVersion>

I found the solution on a forum to correct this. I use Windows 7 utility “Troubleshoot compatibility”, but then when I load FSX I get this error message:

Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on):
Name: bglmanx Dynamic Linl Librairy
Version: 2,9,0,8
Company: VIRTUALI s.a.s
File bglmanx.dll

FSX asks me if I want to load the DLL and I say No. Then I do the same procedure, I create a flight plan via the FSX flight planner and my flight plan is correct, there is anymore commas.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="1,0">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <FlightPlan.FlightPlan>
        <Title>LSGG to LSZH</Title>
        <FPType>IFR</FPType>
        <RouteType>LowAlt</RouteType>
        <CruisingAlt>11000</CruisingAlt>
        <DepartureID>LSGG</DepartureID>
        <DepartureLLA>N46° 13' 47.16",E6° 6' 17.80",+001411.00</DepartureLLA>
        <DestinationID>LSZH</DestinationID>
        <DestinationLLA>N47° 26' 46.15",E8° 33' 28.42",+001416.01</DestinationLLA>
        <Descr>LSGG, LSZH</Descr>
        <DeparturePosition>GATE 3</DeparturePosition>
        <DepartureName>Geneva</DepartureName>
        <DestinationName>Zurich</DestinationName>
        <AppVersion>
            <AppVersionMajor>10</AppVersionMajor>
            <AppVersionBuild>61637</AppVersionBuild>
        </AppVersion>

I uninstalled both scenes FSDreamteam and deleted the data in FSX.CFG and dll.xml. I made several tests and I have no problems when I use the flight planner to FSX air traffic control work. The  Ultimate Traffic 2 planes work again without problems. No plane sinks into the ground.

Whenever I want to reinstall the scenerys of Geneva or Zurich, the problem returns, the coordinates are separated by commas! I started the whole procedure to repair Windows and I uninstalled scenes FSDreamteam.

I found where the problem was, it happens after the installation of the Addon Manager.

How can this program (Addon Manager) change the way the FSX flight planner?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Big problem with flight planner and Addon Manager
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 01:17:26 pm »
I found the following problem: the flight plan created by the planner to separate the coordinates by commas instead of dots.

I found the solution on a forum to correct this. I use Windows 7 utility “Troubleshoot compatibility”, but then when I load FSX I get this error message:

This is the problem, the solution someone proposed is wrong. By enabling the "Compatibility mode", you are causing our programs to crash, because they are fully compatible with Windows 7/8, and the Compatibility mode should ONLY be used for legacy software that normally runs under XP only.

The correct solution to the problem of using commas instead of decimal dots, should be changing the Decimal Separator character in the International section of the Windows Control Panel, from comma to dot.

Whenever I want to reinstall the scenerys of Geneva or Zurich, the problem returns, the coordinates are separated by commas! I started the whole procedure to repair Windows and I uninstalled scenes FSDreamteam.

That's normal, because our installer disables the Compatibility mode, because it would crash if it's enabled. If you use the above solution, there's no need to enable Compatibility mode, which also have side effects on your video drivers, reducing performances and causing visual problems and disappearing objects.

Swissflight

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 05:07:19 pm »
Thank you for your answer.

After a week of searching, I finally found the solution.

I have to select "Disable visual themes" in the options FSX.exe.

If I remove this option, the coordinates are separated by commas!

Hnla

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 07:40:27 pm »
I have to select "Disable visual themes" in the options FSX.exe.

Why in any way would you think this is the solution ? This is obviously not normal, it's not like a requirement on the FSDT page is to have "Disable Visual Themes" checked.., and it shouldn't be checked in the first place.

READ what he said, again:

This is the problem, the solution someone proposed is wrong. By enabling the "Compatibility mode", you are causing our programs to crash, because they are fully compatible with Windows 7/8, and the Compatibility mode should ONLY be used for legacy software that normally runs under XP only.

Swissflight

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 11:51:00 pm »
Thank you Hnla,

Sorry, this is the only solution that works for me.
I spent a week researching the problem. I reinstall FSX and the problem of commas in the FSX flight planner happens every time after installing Addon Manager.

The correct solution to the problem of using commas instead of decimal dots, should be changing the Decimal Separator character in the International section of the Windows Control Panel, from comma to dot.

I did this several times but it did not solve the problem, the decimal symbol is a dot.

I dont use Compatibility mode to resolve my problem but only "Disable Visual Themes"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 11:40:38 am »
I did this several times but it did not solve the problem, the decimal symbol is a dot.

Have you checked BOTH the Decimal symbol AND the thousands separator ? If your FSX is in English, perhaps it expects both to be in the US format: dots for decimals and commas for thousands.

An user here seem to have the same problem, and he said it was fixed by changing the decimal separator:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/72617-huge-problem/

Other users said it wasn't. Note that you might have to restart Windows for the settings to be applied AND existing Flight plans created when the decimal separator was still a comma, would have to be remade or, at least, fixed by hand.

I dont use Compatibility mode to resolve my problem but only "Disable Visual Themes"

That's exactly the same, it will trigger one of the various Compatibility modes, just a subset of it. Does it work now ?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 11:45:33 am by virtuali »