Author Topic: Very Dissapointed  (Read 9931 times)

crbkphx98

• HD Aviation Central
Very Dissapointed
« on: May 26, 2013, 05:57:13 am »
Yes. I have looked at the fourms and searched it.

I recently purchased KLAX for FS9 and not all of the AI traffic are at their correct gates. What do I do to fix this?
Want to see HD quality aviation videos?
https://www.youtube.com/user/crbkphx98?feature=guide

VHHHflyer

Re: Very Dissapointed
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 07:47:05 am »
Hi,
i dont think it has anything to do with the airport. It depends on your AI program. I have UT2 and it does not have any AFCAD for airlines so my cargo aircraft park at TBIT at KLAX.

Check your AI program whether it has the option to follow an AFCAD.

I am not an expert but i know why my aircraft park at random places. You wouldnt believe me but my AI 747 parks at the gate which is for a 737.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 10:44:09 am »
I recently purchased KLAX for FS9 and not all of the AI traffic are at their correct gates. What do I do to fix this?

The parking positions are all mostly correct (unless you were saying that yes, they are, except a few places, and you are disappointed because not "all" of them are 100% exact, which is obviously impossible within the AFCAD/AI system constraints).

If yours seems to be entirely wrong, the problem is not the scenery, but the AI pack you are using that is missing the atc_airline_codes in the AI aircraft.cfg. Since KLAS uses only generic parking types, it relies on the AI airplanes having the atc_airline_codes correctly set, otherwise they all park at random, depending on size only.

crbkphx98

• HD Aviation Central
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 02:27:09 am »
It looks like I have the right parking spots for my traffic Ex: Southwest is atc_parking_codes=SWA and U.S Airways is atc_parking_codes=AWE,USA. However the atc_id= is blank on all my AI aircraft. I am also using WOAI.

VHHHflyer

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 03:09:54 am »
It looks like I have the right parking spots for my traffic Ex: Southwest is atc_parking_codes=SWA and U.S Airways is atc_parking_codes=AWE,USA. However the atc_id= is blank on all my AI aircraft. I am also using WOAI.

That is the main problem. It should have gates assigned.

NMahinK

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 12:43:33 pm »
Yes. I have looked at the fourms and searched it.

There is no problem, at the real LAX, those a hardstands for aircraft to park. the ones with the jetways are meant for the TBIT incase there's an overflow at the TBIT terminal

crbkphx98

• HD Aviation Central
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 07:45:57 pm »

So you are saying that I need gates assigned for the atc_parking_codes?

VHHHflyer

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 12:02:21 am »

Yes.

crbkphx98

• HD Aviation Central
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 01:22:30 am »

Yes.
Wouldn't mess up the parking spots at other airports?
Does anyone have a picture of the Afcad?

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 07:39:21 pm »

No!  FSX ATC assigns gates based on their atc_parking_codes . As long as you have the correct codes and the spots are of sufficient size your aircraft will use them. FSDT purposely assigned all the parking as Ramp spots for GSX, AI will still use those spots as long as they and your AI have the correct airline codes.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 08:20:16 pm by Dave_YVR »

sticky1202

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 02:55:11 pm »
"However the atc_id= is blank ".   Not sure that would have any bearing on anything in FS9. I think the most important lines are these two: 1) atc_parking_codes=UAL and 2)
atc_parking_types=GATE . Also the radius is probably the number one factor in determining where an aircraft parks, IE 737=23, 747=43 (not 100% on this). Please feel free to correct me on this anyone.....

Jim

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 11:46:20 pm »
 Correct, the only role that atc_id= has is when used as a user aircraft and you aren't using a Callsign and and flight number.

AI aircraft when using their civil reg use what is specified in their flightplan and NOT what is written in the atc_id=.

I do agree that having atc_parking_types=GATE for airliners is important but keep in mind that FSDT sceneries have their parking spots
 coded as non Gates to remove the extraneous vehicles that often show up associated with GATE's and also then gets in the way of GSX vehicles.