Author Topic: Default Airport Showing Up With FSDT Scenery  (Read 9380 times)

kermitthebaron

Default Airport Showing Up With FSDT Scenery
« on: May 21, 2013, 04:14:06 am »
Hello, I'm having an issue with not being able to get the default airport to go away, it shows up with FSDT version and parking garage is covered up.  It works fine in FS9, but FSX wont hide default airport.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled KORD for both FS9 & FSX along with GreystoneX.  Am I doing something wrong?  I primarily use FSX now, but I bought alot of stuff for FS9 that I don't wont to just not use, which by the way, is there an equivelant of Active Camera for FSX?  I have all my other FSDT sceneries are up and running just fine, I just need to get O'hare to work properly and I will be good to go, until I buy my next FSDT scenery which will be Hawaiian Airports 1 for my collection. (I will eventually buy them all,anything new coming?)   Thanks again for your help,  kermitthebaron

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Default Airport Showing Up With FSDT Scenery
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 01:23:59 pm »
Whenever you see a default scenery together with the add-on scenery (assuming you left O'Hare at the top of the Scenery Library, which is where the installer puts it by default), it's always a problem caused by another AFCAD from another product in conflict.

Use the free FSX Airport Scanner program to search for AFCAD duplicates at KORD and remove all the extra.

kermitthebaron

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 01:58:25 pm »
Not showing any other afcads that could be crossing, but now I can't reinstall FS9 KORD for some reason. (downloaded current installer, I had an old one I think).  I never had this problem before.  Sorry to be a pain,    kermithebaron

kermitthebaron

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 03:15:10 am »
Hello, I think I figured out what the problem was with FSX, My U.S. Cities Chicago had an active afcad of KORD, I never would have figured that out without your help.  Now, I can't get my KORD for FS9 to even install, any ideas???  (I have current installer for FS9)  Thanks so much,   kermitthebaron

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 09:36:22 am »
Now, I can't get my KORD for FS9 to even install, any ideas???  (I have current installer for FS9)

What is the problem, exactly ?

kermitthebaron

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 01:43:38 pm »
hello again, my only issue now is that I can't get any FS9 installer for KORD to work.  I've tried the old installer, new one.  When I try to run the installer, I get the Virtuali opening window, I click next and the screen flashes like I refreshed my desktop, and nothing more happens           thanks,   kermitthebaron

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 07:11:32 pm »
hello again, my only issue now is that I can't get any FS9 installer for KORD to work.  I've tried the old installer, new one.  When I try to run the installer, I get the Virtuali opening window, I click next and the screen flashes like I refreshed my desktop, and nothing more happens

Nobody has ever reported a problem like this so far. It's might a problem caused by the antivirus (always disable it when installing) OR if you double-click again on the installer because you didn't see an immediate reaction, it will result in a 2nd copy of it being launched, and this can cause a problem like that.

Try after a Window restart, start the installer and wait: it might take a while to uncompress all the files into the temporary folder and if you have an antivirus running, it will be even slower.

kermitthebaron

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 10:15:23 pm »
Hello, I always disable avast when installing anything, just a common practice for me.  Tried a restart and I'm getting the same result.  I checked in the FS9 root folder - no KORD folders were added to my list of fsdreamteam airports.  Sorry to plague you with this, just trying to get everything kosher with the sims on my puter.  I have an old installer KORDv9.1.1 or something like that but even that doesn't work.  I had a problem with installing FS9 addon manager as well.  I thought if I uninstalled the old FS9 addon manager, that might help, but now I can't reinstall that now either.  Never had a problem in the past, could I have to uninstall addon managerX???   Thanks again for your time,    kermitthebaron

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 10:23:25 pm »
You said the installer doesn't even start. This doesn't have anything to do with the Addon Manager or the scenery, it's a problem entirely external to any of our software, the installer it's just an installer, if it doesn't work, something is blocking it.

kermitthebaron

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 11:54:34 pm »
Hello, I'm going to have my son look at it, he designs web pages, he's 16, and met with a medical firm that flew in from Los Angeles to have web pages done.  He also has friends at Microsoft, he might be able to pick apart something I did wrong somewhere else in my puter.  I will keep you posted on whats going on, you've been a big help thus far,   Thanks again for your time.  Can you suggest a software similar to Active Camera for FSX???  Is there one???    kermitthebaron

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 09:51:58 am »
Can you suggest a software similar to Active Camera for FSX??? 

This one maybe ?

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ezdockcam

kermitthebaron

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 02:22:03 am »
Hello, thanks thanks a bunch for the link., going to try it out.  My son is coming home tomorrow to look at my puter regarding my last few Posts (KORD FS9)  ever since I installed KORDX, still can't install KORD FS9, even after trying a trying a few different things.  I'll let you know if I find out whats wrong.  Another question I have is, I was thinking of getting megascenery Earth software and was wondering if you guys ever had any problems with anything not lining up or anything?  Finally, one last question, I've purchased Honolulu, Hawaiian Airports 2, and others  -  is there any discount when I buy Hawaiian Airports 1???  Just wondering.  Well, thanks again for everything!   kermitthebaron

PS. Thanks for making a more realistic flight sim experiance!!!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 02:25:15 am by kermitthebaron »