Author Topic: Some night Lights at KDFW not present **SOLVED**  (Read 5737 times)

pumrigar

Some night Lights at KDFW not present **SOLVED**
« on: May 19, 2013, 05:28:50 am »
Could not find this specific issue and this has occured twice now. On a night flight to KDFW, after landing the airport lighting is gone. The runway lights are there and so are all the airport gates and buildings but they are all dark. No lights at all. If I exit FSX and reload an aircraft at KDFW all the lights are back. I have the latest Addon manager installed (from the stand alone installer). Any help appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 01:28:10 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Some night Lights at KDFW not present
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 11:12:23 pm »
I don't think this has anything to do with the scenery or the installation.

KDFW uses entirely custom runway lights, it's possible that after a flight, you simply had a problem with video ram corruption/exhaustion, so their textures disappeared just like any other scenery element could. Don't know why this affected only lights, but video memory corruption/exhaustion issues are really hard to understand, they just affect scenery items randomly.

The most likely cause for this (video memory problems after a long flight that), it's a memory leakage caused either by too high graphic settings, or an airplane gauges with memory leaks.

pumrigar

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 02:11:33 am »
Thanks for your response. It may be a memory leak as you say but it is only occuring at KDFW. I have purchased almost all the FSDT airports plus GSX and they function fine. Also I tried again with a short flight of about 200 miles and same issue. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling. The aircraft I am using is the Qualitywings 757.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 11:41:07 am »
It may be a memory leak as you say but it is only occuring at KDFW

Well, more precisely, the memory leak is affecting only KDFW because, as I've said, it doesn't use standard runway lights like 99% of airports out there.

I have purchased almost all the FSDT airports plus GSX and they function fine

That doesn't mean much: every scenery is located in a different area so, any memory leak, that might even be related to surrounding scenery, can appear in different ways.

I will try uninstalling and reinstalling.

I don't think it makes any difference, other than the fact reinstalling would download all the most current Couatl support files so, if you weren't running their latest version already, it might fix some issues, so it's always worth being sure everything is updated.

pumrigar

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 02:04:11 am »
Well I did some more troubleshooting and it was not the scenery causing the issue. For some unknown reason the QualityWings 757 in combination with approaching KDFW was the problem. Switching to a different aircraft resolved the issue. Strange because the QW 757 gives me no problem at other FSDT airports. Anyway thanks for your responses. Please close this support request.