Author Topic: No Addon Manager in FSX  (Read 3026 times)

filipholmstrom

No Addon Manager in FSX
« on: July 08, 2013, 10:19:07 am »
Hello guys!

A couple of months ago I bought GSX, and I think it's stunning. I really enjoy it, makes flying much more fun and realistic.

However, a week ago I installed a new addon to my FSX (don't remember what it was). When I started up FSX for the first time I got a message that said "ADDON MANAGER" and then I could click Cancel och Allow. Stupid as I am by mistake I pressed "Don't allow, never show this message again", when I was going to choose "Allow, never show this again". And now my GSX won't come up, i't dosen't work at all. Neither does my FlightBeam San Franssisco scenery.

What should I do? Is there any soloutions? I really don't wanna re-install my FSX.  :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Addon Manager in FSX
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 10:37:48 am »
then I could click Cancel och Allow. Stupid as I am by mistake I pressed "Don't allow, never show this message again", when I was going to choose "Allow, never show this again".

Uninstall GSX and be sure you reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?" and "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine?" that are made at the end of the uninstall process. Be sure you reply YES to BOTH questions.

Then, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

Finally, reinstall GSX, and be sure you ALLOW all our modules to run when FSX starts again after the installation.

And no, reinstalling FSX wouldn't have fixed this, especially if you un-trusted us in the Internet options settings.

filipholmstrom

Re: No Addon Manager in FSX
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 04:30:30 pm »
Thank you for your help. I will try it when I get back home from vacation.  :)