Author Topic: Installation of JFK/ORD/etc. Forces Crash  (Read 21450 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installation of JFK/ORD/etc. Forces Crash
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 01:51:30 pm »
I input the bglman.dll file prior into the modules folder and upon insertion - without installing any of the other files - the program crashed again

I've pointed to both .DLL and .DAT files, to have you download and install ALL of them. The whole point of this test (which is only valid if you download and update ALL of them) is precisely being sure that the .DLL is used together with the .DAT files is supposed to be used with.

flyboy4165

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2013, 09:46:15 pm »
Right then. I downloaded all of the files and input them into the modules folder. I'm still receiving the same message.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2013, 10:12:15 pm »
Right then. I downloaded all of the files and input them into the modules folder. I'm still receiving the same message.

Ok, now check for an eventual corruption of the .dll on your system: right click on MODULES\Bglman.dll, select "Properties" and check you have a "Digital Signature" field and check if it's reported as valid in the Signature details.

flyboy4165

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2013, 01:38:28 am »
It specifies that the digital signature is OK.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2013, 11:14:22 pm »
That seems to indicate the cause doesn't have anything to do with our .DLL, it's possible the problem lies in one of its dependencies.

Check for the following file:

Esellerateengine.dll

In the following locations:

1) Your FS9 root folder

2) The main C:\Windows folder ( if this is your Windows folder )

3) The C:\ProgramData\Esellerate folder

If you have this .DLL in your FS9 root folder or your C:\Windows folder, REMOVE IT, because it's the wrong location for Vista/Windows 7 and, also, it's probably the wrong (old) version of the .DLL that has been put there by another product that uses the Esellerate engine DLL.

You should have one and only one copy of that .DLL and, on a Vista/Windows 7 system, it should be located at C:\ProgramData\Esellerate, which is where our installer puts it.

When you removed all the versions, reinstall the scenery again.

flyboy4165

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 04:48:39 am »
I checked all three folders and it only appears (correctly) in the C:\ProgramData. The file is version 3.6.5.0 if that makes any difference.

flyboy4165

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2013, 03:34:05 am »
Would backing up my entire hard drive on a cloud storage site - and then giving you the requisite access - be of any assistance? Can't say you'd find anything on there all that exciting, though please don't ask about Halloween Elton John pictures.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2013, 01:27:46 pm »
Would backing up my entire hard drive on a cloud storage site - and then giving you the requisite access - be of any assistance?

What makes you think you need to backup the whole hard drive *just* to get remote assistance ? Are you afraid I'm reformatting you remotely ??

I don't think your issue can be fixed remotely, if you already made all the previously suggested steps, it means the problem doesn't have anything to do with any of our software modules, but it's a problem of your Windows configuration, some system files are probably corrupted/missing or not updated and they are *affecting* our module.

However, if you want to try a remote session with Teamviewer we can arrange that, I'll send you a PM with details later.

flyboy4165

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2013, 03:21:35 pm »
Lol not afraid of that at all; just thought that you might be able to see something that I'm not able to given your expertise in these matters.

Will send a PM out later today and take you up on that offer.

flyboy4165

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2013, 04:53:12 am »
So for whatever reason,  I am unable to view any messages (two so far) that I have sent to you in my outbox. What would be a good time to set up a remote access? I'm free all day Friday and Saturday, and will happily wake up early due to the time zone difference (in Las Vegas).