Author Topic: No buildings despite trying everthing  (Read 12223 times)

infus1on

No buildings despite trying everthing
« on: August 19, 2008, 09:47:16 pm »
First I would like to preface by saying that I have searched the forum and tried all of the suggestions offered for trying to resolve the issue. I have unistalled and installed I have deleted all traces of Ohare & zurich (demo) from the registry. I have deleated the lines in the cfg. I have reinstalled the new addon manager I have clicked twice to trust the addon manager and it still does not show up in the menu. . problem persists. 

Thanks for your help

Mike K
Mike

FSDreamteam: KLAX Los Angeles * KDFW Dallas Fort Worth * KLAS McCarran * KJFK New York * KORD O'Hare * PHNL Honolulu * Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1 & 2 * LSZG Zurich CYVR Vancouver

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No buildings despite trying everthing
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 09:43:14 am »
If the Addon Manager doesn't show up in the menu, it doesn't have anything to do with registry, scenery.cfg, registration (or lack of), activation, etc.

It's usually more a problem of a corrupted FSX installation, which has a non-working Simconnect because of this. Since the Addon Manager is a Simconnect client, and it creates its menu using Simconnect, if Simconnect is not working properly, or it's not installed, or it's corrupted, the menu will not be created, and the program will not run. If the program doesn't run, no buildings will show up and nothing will work.

Simconnect comes with FSX, and can only be installed with FSX. There are also 3 versions of it: RTM (the original that came with FSX), the one that comes with FSX SP1 and the one that comes with FSX+SP2 or FSX+Accel.

Our products will only work with the latest one so, if you have FSX only or FSX+SP1, it will not work. You need to have FSX+SP2 or FSX+Accel. Also, if you uninstalled SP2 or Accel, the right version of Simconnect we need might have gone. In this case, you need to reinstall either SP2 or Accel.

Another reason why the Addon Manager might now work, is because of a conflict with another module. We had issues in the past with FSCopilot, which stopped the Addon Manager from working, if it's loaded before it, but this should be solved by our installer, because it puts the Addon Manager before any other module in the DLL.XML file.

Try these suggestions first.

infus1on

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 06:22:05 pm »
I uninstalled SP2 and reinstalled it i also uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of the addon manager. I don't have the program FScopilot. I am stumped.
Mike

FSDreamteam: KLAX Los Angeles * KDFW Dallas Fort Worth * KLAS McCarran * KJFK New York * KORD O'Hare * PHNL Honolulu * Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1 & 2 * LSZG Zurich CYVR Vancouver

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 06:46:02 pm »
All right, try to do the following to activate diagnostic mode for the Simconnect:

Open notepad, and copy the following text:

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=verbose
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, that should tell you what's going wrong. Let me know what you are getting, so we can have an idea what's happening.

infus1on

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 08:12:49 pm »
I did follow your instructions but I am also having trouble with Activesky connecting to simconnect. I uninstalled and reinstalled SP2 & SP1 and the FSX. Ohare worked fine Activesky connected but when I installed Zurich (latest version) I lost connection to simconnect. It seems by process of elimination that it is the Zurich scenery which is causing the issue.
Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 08:41:05 pm »
I did follow your instructions but I am also having trouble with Activesky connecting to simconnect

So, it's now clear that your FSX installation had Simconnect issues to begin with.

I uninstalled and reinstalled SP2 & SP1 and the FSX. Ohare worked fine Activesky connected

Alright, this means that clearly the issue was solved when fixing FSX.

It seems by process of elimination that it is the Zurich scenery which is causing the issue.

Not possible, since Zurich scenery use exactly the same bglmanx.dll as O'Hare so, if O'Hare is working, so must be Zurich. Also, the two installers are doing exactly the same things, the only thing that changes between an installer and the other, is which set of BGL/texture they install, which of course do not have anything to do with Simconnect issues and the DLL module.

Have you tried installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer ? This one ALWAYS fetches the very latest version of the DLL from the internet when running, and this is the only one version that is guaranteed to work with both O'Hare and Zurich.

infus1on

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 09:11:59 pm »
yes I have tried the stand alone manager and I still have the same issue. i know I don't know a lot about software so I am no expert. I could try the installing the stand alone first and then adding Ohare and Zurich. I am getting tired of uninstalling fsx and the updates. I do know the following. FSX and sp1 sp2 simconnect is fine. Install Ohare simconect is fine install Zurich and I no longer have the addon manager in the menu and activeky cannot connect. This is just a process of elimination. I understand that another addon may be causing an issue. I am stumped I would like to install Zurich and purchase it but it just does not seem worth it.
Mike

infus1on

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 10:07:27 pm »
After uninstalling sp1 and sp2 and deleting the simconnect line in C:\Windows\winsxs\ problem is solved for Activesky which now connects. The following error appears when FSX loads

Flight simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program

Name: bglmanx Dynamic Link Library
Version: 2, 5, 0, 1
Company: Virtuali s.a.s.
File: bglmanx.dll

Do you want run this software (not recomended)?

running the software results in ohare loading but no buildings.
Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 10:17:34 pm »
After uninstalling sp1 and sp2

Sorry, but this is wrong. You now have FSX downgraded to RTM, which is far worse, both in reliability, and fps. And, the Addon Manger (and so, none of our products) will never run in that configuration.

Reinstall SP1, then reinstall SP2. Do not uninstall them again. Do not try anything else until you installed SP1 and SP2.

Also, your Addon Manager version is old, the current version is 2.5.0.5, this means you either haven't used the latest version of Zurich (current version says 1.3 in the installer), or you haven't installed the Stand-Alone Addon Manager which, as I've said before, automatically fetches from the Internet always the latest version.

It might be a problem if you are using a firewall program. If yes, you need to grant online access to the Addon Manager, in order to allow it to download the latest version of the DLL. If the installer can't go online, you should notice a delay when starting it instead of seeing it downloading a couple of files. If the installer can't download files, you'll be stuck with the old version.

Try a manual cleanup first, just to be sure:

- Exit from FSX.

- Go into your FSX folder. Delete the files that begins with bglmanx* (bglmanx.dll, blgmanx.dat, bglmanx_fsdt.dat, bglmanx_aerosoft.dat)

- Download the Stand Alone Addon Manager installer, and run it. Do not do anything else, and report.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 10:28:31 pm by virtuali »

infus1on

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 11:37:37 pm »
Ok I will try tomorrow. I have to go to work. Just to be clear ( i may have misunderstood your post) I have installed Sp1 and Sp2. But You may mean I should never uninstall them only reinstall them. Does that affect the sp1 install? Thanks for you continued investigation.

Mike

infus1on

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 06:46:04 am »
 :) :) :) Thank you very much for your support. Your guidance solved the problem. These are fantastic products and I am really looking forward to KJFK.

Thanks again.

Mike K
Mike

Kiwiwanabe

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 10:36:41 pm »
I did have Zurich and O'Hare working fine on my newly re-installed FSX with SP1 and SP2. Then I installed Ultimate Traffic X and Wilco E-Jets for FSX and lost my buildings. I uninstalled UT and the E-Jets, but that changed nothing.

I followed the instructions in this thread but with no success. When installing the standalone manager I get an error message; picture attached. Also attached is the Simconnect Diagnostics output...

Appreciate your looking at it....

Edit: I'm using Vista 32 bit

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 10:38:17 pm by Kiwiwanabe »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 11:13:29 pm »
I followed the instructions in this thread but with no success. When installing the standalone manager I get an error message; picture attached.

Your problem doesn't have anything to do with Simconnect problems, or any of our products.

That message comes from our installer that, if it finds that your DLL.XML file is ALREADY corrupted (probably by another addon faulty installer), it doesn't dare to touch it so, it reports that warning, so you should be able to fix it, but it will not modify it in any way. In this case, since your already corrupted DLL.XML file wasn't modified by our installer, our Addon Manager module will not be launched, so you will not see anything.

If you could send me an email with your DLL.XML file, I can fix it for you, so the installer will go through

You can find the file at

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

just type this on the Start button, and press Enter, it will open the folder containing it.

Kiwiwanabe

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2008, 12:20:08 am »
Many thanks Umberto,

Yes, everything worked well before I installed the addons I mentioned above, so it doesn't surprise me that the problem is with one of them. I installed them at the same time, so I'm not sure which one is the culprit. I'll post back when I find out...

The xml.dll is attached in a zip file....

Cheers,
-Russ

Edit: I don't have an email address for you and it is hidden on your profile. I trust it is OK to attach to this post in zip form....

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 12:29:45 am by Kiwiwanabe »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2008, 09:29:55 am »
The xml.dll is attached in a zip file....

Alright, found the problem: your DLL.XML file has an "s" in the last line. This look more like the result of having hand-edited it, rather than an installer issue. Having the XML.DLL file corrupted, resulted in FSX skipping it altogether, not loading any module: that's why the Simconnect diagnostic output was empty.

I think the fix is so easy, that you can fix it yourself. Just remove the last line that contains only an "s". Please, use a pure ascii editor, like Notepad.