Author Topic: KJFK V2 superimposed over default FSX  (Read 10692 times)

squalo111

KJFK V2 superimposed over default FSX
« on: May 01, 2013, 12:13:08 am »
Hello, I have deinstalled FSDT KJFK v1 and installed FSDT KJFK V2, but:
I've just tried to verify the difference between FSDT KJFK V2 and default FSX scenery, but (see attached pictures) when I deactivate on scenery libraries the area of  FSDT KJFK V2, I obtain a strange
view for FSX default KJFK, with a superimposed image of the FSDT KJFK V2 over the default FSX airport (see tower). If reactivate the aerea of KJFK V2, the view return the normal for FDST KJFK V2.
I've just checked for doubled KJFK with airport scanner and no doubled  KJFK airports, I checked folders manually and ther's only FSDT KJFK V2 folder.
Wher's the problem?

Thanks for any explications about this!

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 12:30:17 am by squalo111 »

Hnla

Re: KJFK V2 superimposed over default FSX
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 04:02:58 am »
Well, the only explanation for another airport showing is a duplicate AFCAD.

Make sure that KJFK v2 is at the top of the scenery list, if that sill doesn't work, you will have to go through your addons manually (one by one), and disable to see what the culprit scenery is.

squalo111

Re: KJFK V2 superimposed over default FSX, FSDT AIRPORTS ALWAYS THERE
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 08:45:53 am »
I've just deactivated all my non default airports from scenery libraries, leaving only all defaults, but nothing: FSDT KJFK V2 ALWAYS THERE, SUPERIMPOSED ON DEFAULT!
1) ONLY MANUALLY DELETING THE FSDT KJFK V2 FOLDERS, IT FINALLY DISAPPEARS!
AND:
2) THE PROBLEM IS GENERAL FOR ALL FSDT NOT ACTIVE AIRPORTS THAT REMAIN SUPERIMPOSED ON DEFAULTS!
3) MANUALLY REMOVING COUATL.EXE FROM EXE.XML THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED

Is the problem linked to couatl.exe engine?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:39:37 am by squalo111 »

Hnla

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 03:45:57 pm »
I've just deactivated all my non default airports from scenery libraries, leaving only all defaults, but nothing: FSDT KJFK V2 ALWAYS THERE, SUPERIMPOSED ON DEFAULT

The problem isn't just limited to Addon Sceneries, other addons, such as UTX2 or MyTraffic2013 can add duplicate AFCAD as well.

And you should really not use caps, because it's considered shouting on a public forum.

ONLY MANUALLY DELETING THE FSDT KJFK V2 FOLDERS, IT FINALLY DISAPPEARS!

doing that just removes the FSDT KJFK, so you are only seeing 1 scenery. When you activate it, you are seeing 2.

3) MANUALLY REMOVING COUATL.EXE FROM EXE.XML THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED

Is the problem linked to couatl.exe engine?

No, the couatl.exe isn't bugged, and it's not couatl.exe that is at fault. Something on your system, (A duplicate AFCAD) is showing above the FSDT scenery.

Make sure you put FSDT KJFK on TOP of your scenery list, and if the airport scanner dosen't show anything, you will have to continually searching manually for duplicates.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 03:48:15 pm by Boone »

squalo111

Re: KJFK V2 superimposed over default FSX, nothing to do
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 05:27:33 pm »
I don't have any addon except airport sceneries in my FSX, KJFKv2 is on top and all  other airports  area (except FSDT airports) are now deactivated, airport scanner is ok, no duplicate afcad manually found,  the problem still remains for all FSDT airports, so ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 09:34:31 pm »
If you disable an FSDT scenery from the Scenery Library, it shouldn't show up, regardless if it's physically there in the scenery folder.

If it does, maybe you have two copies of the scenery.cfg and due to the Compatibility mode, one or the other is used, because the Compatibility mode changes where system folders are being found.

Be sure you have the Compatibility mode for FSX OFF, which is how FSX defaults to. And, be sure you don't run any other FSX Addons in Compatibility mode too.

squalo111

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 12:28:37 am »
checked: FSX in default mode (W7 64bit), no other addons in compatibility, only one scenery.cfg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 12:37:18 am »
Note that, whenever change you do to the Scenery Library (like activating a deactivating a scenery) it requires an FSX restart to be effective, what you are trying to do (checking the FSDT scenery against the default scenery), can't be done on the fly: you have to restart FSX at each reconfiguration.

squalo111

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 08:34:56 am »
Already checked: rebooting fsx doesn't make difference, the problem is always the same, something of any
FSDT airport doubles the default scenery ! The problem doesn't exist for any other scenery !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 01:16:04 pm »
Sorry, but this doesn't happen and nobody every reported it before. In any case, you said that you *enable* the FSDT scenery, the default goes away. If that's the case, you can use it as it is. It's likely a bug in your video driver.

squalo111

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 01:22:34 pm »
No problems with your sceneries active, it's only a bug, I don't think in my video drivers,
thanks anyway for your suggestions

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 01:25:18 pm »
No problems with your sceneries active, it's only a bug, I don't think in my video drivers,

The only thing sure, it's not a bug of the sceneries or the installation, because you are the one and only that reported it. So, the most likely caused it's a video driver bug. Unless you did something different than what you said.

squalo111

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 01:42:16 pm »
Ther's always a "first time", nothing is sure at all

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 02:05:39 pm »
Ther's always a "first time", nothing is sure at all

Yes, it's sure, because you said it happens with all FSDT sceneries, and since out of several thousands of customers, in years, nobody every reported it before, it's either a new video driver bug, or it's something you did differently than what you said, there are no other explanations.

squalo111

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2013, 02:20:01 pm »
Sure is only this: like in other posts, you always want the last word, thanks anyway for your kind replay