Author Topic: airplane positioning  (Read 8434 times)

abh_jc_03

airplane positioning
« on: April 29, 2013, 06:15:10 pm »
I haven't tried all the airports yet from FSDreamteam but Chicago look like I am having issues.  The plane is not where it is suppose to be.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: airplane positioning
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 10:04:53 pm »
Whenever you have misplacements or wrong positioning, the problem is never the scenery, but other AFCADs in conflicts. The most usual cause for conflicts are AFCAD supplied with AI Traffic packages like My Traffic X

Use the free FSX Airport Scanner tool to search for AFCAD duplicates at KORD and remove al the extra.

abh_jc_03

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 10:43:50 pm »
I have used the scanner and nothing came back.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 11:07:22 pm »
Then you have another scenery in conflict the AFCAD couldn't detect. Do you have something like My Traffic X or similar ?

abh_jc_03

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 12:59:27 am »
I have my traffic x 5.4b

abh_jc_03

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 01:23:24 am »
I just flew into another add on airport TNCM and there were hills running through the runway.  I don't know how to fix this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 10:40:10 am »
I just flew into another add on airport TNCM and there were hills running through the runway.  I don't know how to fix this.

Nothing related to any of our products could possibly affect TNCM, you probably have mesh conflict there, but there's no automatic program to find mesh conflicts.

abh_jc_03

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 04:25:40 pm »
so how do I go about fixing the mesh conflicts?  It is a fresh install of FSX.  The airports have the original taxiway lines and then FSDreamteam taxi lines so the lights and all are off.

abh_jc_03

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 04:26:08 pm »
The original FSX taxi line markings are somewhat translucent.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 05:42:48 pm »
so how do I go about fixing the mesh conflicts?

I never said you have a mesh conflict at JFK. You said you have "hills on the runway" at TNCM, so I've replied THAT one is a mesh conflict.

It is a fresh install of FSX.  The airports have the original taxiway lines and then FSDreamteam taxi lines so the lights and all are off.

This, instead, it's an AFCAD conflict, caused by another scenery, which should be fixed by looking for the duplicate AFCAD with the free FSX airport scanner program. You said it didn't find any, I've replied that sometimes AFCAD in conflict might not be found, and they usually come with AI Traffic package products, so you must remove them manually.

Of course, this assuming you haven't played with the Scenery Library order: JFK V2 should be on top of the Scenery Library (or, at least, on top of everything else that might cause a conflict with it), which is where the installer puts it by default.

abh_jc_03

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 07:11:25 pm »
I haven't messed with the scenery tab, except to make sure that the scenery shows up under the lists.  Are you stating that I have to contact My Traffic X.  I wouldn't know where to begin to delete manual  products from the ai traffic.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 08:59:53 pm »
There must be a folder from My Traffic X that should contain AFCADs: the one from JFK should have JFK in its name.