Author Topic: Missing objects at Amsterdam City  (Read 14820 times)

HenningL

Missing objects at Amsterdam City
« on: April 29, 2013, 04:36:58 pm »
I just reinstalled the scenery using the 1.04.1 installer. This is after a reformat and a new install of Windows and FS9.

However, in the city of Amsterdam i noticed that some objects have dissapeared. The Amsterdam Arena (the football stadium) is gone from the scenery, and the Central Railway Station at the harbour is gone too.

In FS9 the entries are as done by the installer:

1. Cloud9 Amsterdam
2. Cloud9 Amsterdam Terrain
3. Cloud9 Amsterdam City

I tried moving layers, and voila! the stadium and the railway station came back.

I changed the priorities to this to get the objects showing:

1. Cloud9 Amsterdam
2. Cloud9 Amsterdam City
3. Cloud9 Amsterdam Terrain

It seems that the installer writes the entries in Scenery.cfg in the wrong order.

Henning Larsen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing objects at Amsterdam City
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 04:44:39 pm »
The installer writes the areas in the correct order, if nothing else is installed in that area, but it's possible that, because of other sceneries in the area, the order required in your particular situation is the one you modified.

The scenery was split in 3 areas exactly for the reason so users with other addons might have better chances to fix problems like that just by rearranging the areas.

HenningL

Re: Missing objects at Amsterdam City
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 07:01:05 pm »
I'm in the process of installing all my sceneries. So far I have approx 200 entries in Scenery.cfg. The nearest scenery to Amsterdam at this time is Austria, but I'm aware that even sceneries far away can have an impact on other sceneries.

And by rearangering the layers I can get it to work  :).

Henning Larsen