Author Topic: KJFK v.2  (Read 11961 times)

DaveT

KJFK v.2
« on: April 29, 2013, 04:14:01 pm »
On replay there is no airport buildings? :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KJFK v.2
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 04:45:50 pm »
All our sceneries are like that, it's an FSX limitation that objects created programmatically, don't show on Instant replay. You can use FS Recorder, that works with our sceneries.

DaveT

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 06:05:27 pm »
Thanks for the swift answer, perhaps you can help me? I'm getting warnings in my scenery.cfg that the KJFK.v.2 is not installed even though it is. Is there a remedy please? I uninstalled version 1 before loading version 2.

DaveT

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 06:09:19 pm »
Like this?

theshack440

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 07:04:22 pm »
I would try a reinstall.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 10:02:10 pm »
Thanks for the swift answer, perhaps you can help me? I'm getting warnings in my scenery.cfg that the KJFK.v.2 is not installed even though it is. Is there a remedy please? I uninstalled version 1 before loading version 2.

That message doesn't cause any problems, and it might have been caused because there was some problem in the scenery.cfg, so the JFK V1 Uninstaller didn't remove the area automatically.

It will go away if you remove the JFK V1 area from the Scenery Library, but other than having that message, there are no other effects.

DaveT

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 04:49:18 pm »
No, tried that, even uninstalling again and reinstalling. After defragging I ran it again and its still there :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 05:37:51 pm »
No, tried that, even uninstalling again and reinstalling. After defragging I ran it again and its still there :(

I repeat and confirm that, if you remove the JFK V1 (not V2!!) area from the Scenery Library, it will go away, no need to uninstall or reinstall anything, let alone defrag.

DaveT

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 11:43:59 pm »
With the greatest respect sir, I did that prior to loading the version 2. It even reminds you to do it. Version 1 IS uninstalled.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 02:56:37 pm »
Dave, the uninstaller doesn't remove the entry from the scenery library, you need to do that manually.  That message is because you have two entries for JFK.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

DaveT

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 04:53:14 pm »
Bruce, thank you for your help but, I HAVE uninstalled it in my 'Control panel'. uninstaller.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 10:21:15 pm »
Bruce, thank you for your help but, I HAVE uninstalled it in my 'Control panel'. uninstaller.

And as I've told already (twice), if you still see that message when starting FSX, you must remove it manually from the Scenery Library, because there was some kind of problem that caused the JFK V1 uninstaller not removing the ENTRY (not the actual scenery) from the Scenery Library.

That orphaned entry doesn't cause ANY problem to JFK V2, or to anything else in the sim, other than that annoying message, which can be removed easily by removing the JFK V1 (be careful not to remove JFK V2 by mistake...) Area from the Scenery Library.

DaveT

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 11:56:27 pm »
Please explain then how I remove it when the entry is NOT there?  The scenery.cfg file doesn't reach 'area 135', either.  There is nothing in the 'Addon Scenery' file.  Help please?

Should I try uninstalling version 2, loading version 1 and uninstalling again?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 12:01:39 am »
Please explain then how I remove it when the entry is NOT there?

As I've said, several times, by removing the Scenery Area from FSX! There's no need to edit the scenery.cfg directly!

The scenery.cfg file doesn't reach 'area 135', either.  There is nothing in the 'Addon Scenery' file.  Help please?

You are not looking at the right scenery.cfg, the one that is used by FSX, that's why you shouldn't try to edit the scenery.cfg directly, because you might be confused which scenery.cfg you are editing. The one inside FSX is not the one used by FSX, it's just a backup containing only default sceneries, in case the real one gets corrupted.

The real scenery.cfg locations changes depending on the OS, user account type and Compatibility mode, and it's *usually* located under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX (which is an hidden folder, assuming you installed Windows on C: ), but you shouldn't be required to worry about it: just remove the area using the normal FSX user interface, in the Scenery Library page, and the message will go away.

DaveT

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2013, 01:32:20 pm »
Umberto, thank you. I did not know that information. It worked!  :)