Author Topic: What is your DX10 experience ?  (Read 8494 times)

Michael Moe

What is your DX10 experience ?
« on: April 28, 2013, 08:44:02 pm »
After discovering the new DX10 fixes on avsim i am only flying DX10 because of the great smooth experience without OOM and the great scenerys by FSdreamteam and FTX.

So what is your performance with CYVR in DX10 with ATI or Nvidia? I use ATIHD5870 1GB

I am having great results although i do still get fps drop from the 25-30´s to 12-15 after landing at night facing the terminals but this might be standard ? It doesnt spoil the overall performance at night.

Daytime is a blast

Keep up the good work - i se i have to upgrade JFK :-)

Michael Moe

Re: What is your DX10 experience ?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 08:37:21 am »
Oh i forgot to mention that i have tested the following:

In default cessna i have 40-60 fps at all times during night and day but when using the NGX after landing on 26R (24-29fps)looking left towards the Tower in the left window the frames would drop to 12-15fps at night.

This also happens during taxing back with Tower in the main Windows and when i had pushback frome the gates and looking left to the Tower. Frames would drop from 28-30 to 12-15fps . This is strange as the town is "behind me" i think so the scenery is not loaded in the background ?

I thought it could be the drivers but if everything is good in the deafult aircraft its hard to blame that isnt it?

I remember having simular "fps spot issues" on Helsinki looking straight at the Tower

Neverless this is a fantastic scenery , Thank you

Btw,

Settings is default with normal autogen, none HD textures ,9% traffic Water low x2,i7@950 4200,6GB 1600mhz DDR3,Raptor FSX drive

Michael Moe

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 02:21:18 pm »
Hi Michael,
Took off from CYVR this morning for EGLL. My DX10 has been behaving well. Cannot quote fps but it was about 1hr before sun-up and raining heavily.
Overall a great experience.

windshear

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 02:16:21 pm »
what kind of fixes did you apply?
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Michael Moe

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 09:23:50 am »
These new updates

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/387343-the-how-to-doc/

Later there will be a DX10 fixer by Steve which is going to make DX10 the new frontier :-)

Michael Moe

windshear

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 12:33:10 pm »
Sound good, thank you Mr.Moe
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

kozmicelly

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 05:58:24 pm »
Hi,

I once changed DX9 to DX10 and used fixes.
Everything had been smooth and easy until I found Aerosoft's airports didn't appear right and moreover also found at TNCM (FlyTampa's Princess Juliana)runway threshold a huge red block (can fly through it).
I tried everything I could think of to fix the issues (even tried add-on converter), but the huge block didn't disappear and Aerosoft's airports didn't appear right.

Finally I gave it up and changed DX10 back to 9.

Elly

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 05:45:35 am »
 My FSX has never run better since running DX10. I use Addon Convertor X which helps with most incompatible textures. I still have odd issues with FlyTampa airports and their approach lighting during dusk or damn only. OOM errors are a thing of the past for the time being while using DX10 preview.

I run my FSX with AntiAliasing at 8xS and 8x SGSS, and 16X anio. Scenery wise, UTX, FTX (all), Van+, FSDT YVR and a stupid amount of AI that I've collected over the past 6 years and it runs awesome thanks to using the DX10 preview. Using DX9 I'd OOM within 5 mins at CYVR pretty much every time.

Michael Moe

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 09:06:51 am »
This is just a little update to my CYVR DX10 experience after a new PC upgrade. (Old I7-950@4,2 - HD5870 1GB - New I7-4770K@4,7GHZ - HD7970 3GB Saphire 1050mhz)

After a fresh install with FTX PNW and FSDT CYVR i have testing using 0% AI traffic but 11% roadtraffic.

Autogen is in Dense and cloud draw distance 70nm. Cloud covering at MAX.  Mesh 5m and water at lowX2. Other sliders to the right .

Bloom effect on and nice aircraft shadows on the ground.

HD2048 TML and 6.5 in TEXTUREMAXLOAD

Yesterday my Delta 737-800WL NGX was taken a short test flight from CYVR to KSEA and setting 10000 feet for my maximum ceiling. The performance was overwhelming. 36fps at gate 54 and between 30-37fps during taxi to 26L. So smooth  :)

After takeoff we were in the upper 40´s heading right over the city were i had 30-40 fps in the VC.

Because the blurring was none existing i desided to stay at 5000 feet for a while and heading right again towards the ILS IAF for rwy 26R and the fps would not drop below 30fps at all time. WOW  :o

Now i have heard a lot of bad things about the KSEA area so i was a little surprised when i was descending to 3000 feet 220 knots over Seattle and still had no stutter and smooth fps in the low 30´s in the VC.

I was so exited that i disabled the autopilot and A/T for a visual approach to 31C going base from the north and fps would not drop below 28fps at all time  :D

Finally we are able to enjoy FSX at these gorgious surroundings.

Still NO AI traffic though  :-\

Michael Moe