Author Topic: How Can I Turn Down the Rendering Options?  (Read 3752 times)

Blaze1969

How Can I Turn Down the Rendering Options?
« on: April 29, 2013, 09:54:34 pm »
Is there a way to turn down some of the options I chose during installation without reinstalling?  I have a strong system and chose the higher resolution options but I'm getting the FSUIPC OOM warning chimes when flying out of CYVR. No OOM crashes but I want to give my system a bit more breathing room.

Thanks in Advance,
Robert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How Can I Turn Down the Rendering Options?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 09:57:48 pm »
Is there a way to turn down some of the options I chose during installation without reinstalling?

No, there isn't, because textures are re-generated completely so, even if we did an external utility to do the same, it would require to run after closing FSX, and it will take exactly the same time.

Since, of the total install time, 90% of it it's the textures regeneration, and that will be exactly the same even if there was an external utility doing it, it doesn't make much sense to write such program to do exactly the same thing the installer already does, to save you maybe 10% of the time needed compared to just running the installer.

Blaze1969

Re: How Can I Turn Down the Rendering Options?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 10:16:45 pm »
Fair enough, I wasn't asking for an external application so much as confirming that I need to do a re-install, thanks for the fast response; now you can get back to producing a good KSLC!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:20:31 pm by Blaze1969 »