Author Topic: GSX issues with the Majestic Q-400  (Read 8752 times)

Flyboy0284

GSX issues with the Majestic Q-400
« on: April 21, 2013, 03:28:49 pm »
I haven't been able to use GSX with the Majestic Q-400.  I keep getting the "You need to shut down the engines to request ground services" message even though the aircraft is cold and dark and the brake is set.  Anyone else having this same problem?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:38:50 pm by Flyboy0284 »

dmbusmc

Re: GSX issues with the Majestic Q-400
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 07:24:13 pm »
I have found this as well.

A temporary solution I read about in another forum says to make a hotkey for the default FSX auto shutdown control, and once you are actually shut down, just hit that hot key (which won't do anything since the engines are done outside of FSX it seems), and you should be good to go.

I haven't been able to try this quick fix yet but am starting up to give it a shot.

kroswynd

• Majestic Software Dash 8-Q400
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 03:03:12 am »
I have found this as well.

A temporary solution I read about in another forum says to make a hotkey for the default FSX auto shutdown control, and once you are actually shut down, just hit that hot key (which won't do anything since the engines are done outside of FSX it seems), and you should be good to go.

I haven't been able to try this quick fix yet but am starting up to give it a shot.

I haven't been able to use GSX with the Majestic Q-400.  I keep getting the "You need to shut down the engines to request ground services" message even though the aircraft is cold and dark and the brake is set.  Anyone else having this same problem?

ok guys...the quick fix for this is simple....Due to the FDE complexity and the way in which we had to program the Q400, GSX does not always see the aircraft as being completely shut down.  So the alternative fix is to simply manually shut the engines down via the key functions CNTRL=SHFT+F1.

Simeon
MJC Support

Flyboy0284

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 01:03:01 am »
ok guys...the quick fix for this is simple....Due to the FDE complexity and the way in which we had to program the Q400, GSX does not always see the aircraft as being completely shut down.  So the alternative fix is to simply manually shut the engines down via the key functions CNTRL=SHFT+F1.

Simeon
MJC Support

Thanks guys, that did the trick.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 08:38:04 am by virtuali »

Naibor

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 08:20:33 am »
Are there another trick for the Q400 to work with GSX?. I'm afraid that CTRL+Shift+F1 don't work for me.

Thank you very much.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 09:55:24 am »
Are there another trick for the Q400 to work with GSX?. I'm afraid that CTRL+Shift+F1 don't work for me.

It worked for everybody. Perhaps you modified your key assignments, and are not default anymore ?

Naibor

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 10:30:11 am »
Hello Umberto,

The combination of CTRL+Shift+F1 switch off all engines in the rest of aircrafts. 

I have not tried to press CTRL + Shift + F1 when the aircraft is with engines running, I only have tried it in cool & dark, and GSX still doesn't work.

I will try to do it when both engines are running to see if it works.

I have post the same issue in Majestic Software Forum, you can follow it here:

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/1633/gsx-dont-work-with-q400

I have the latest version of Q400 1.011

Thank you very much.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 10:43:19 am »
The combination of CTRL+Shift+F1 switch off all engines in the rest of aircrafts. 

Well, not exactly. It shuts down the fuel flow valves, which will result in the engines stop running, of course...

I have not tried to press CTRL + Shift + F1 when the aircraft is with engines running, I only have tried it in cool & dark, and GSX still doesn't work.

That might be the issue.

I have post the same issue in Majestic Software Forum, you can follow it here:

That's the only place were you can get a meaningful solution. The REAL issue is, that airplane uses a custom flight model so, it's running its own internal simulation of things, and most likely even the engines are internally simulated.

But since it's STILL an FSX add-on product, not a stand-alone product, what they should have done, in order to make it fully compatible with FSX and all the countless of 3rd party add-ons, they should have programmed their internal simulation to REACT to FSX Events, and acts accordingly.

For example, if you press the FSX fuel shutoff valves, they should intercept the event and turn off their own internal simulation of them. Or, if you freeze the sim, they should intercept the event and freeze their own internal flight model too.

We tried to to make it even easier for them, and added a variable that would allow them to check if GSX is pushing, but so far, they haven't updated the airplane to make use of it, although it should be a very easy change.

Naibor

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 10:48:24 am »
Thank you very much Umberto.

I will post your reply in MJ forum.