Author Topic: Fatal Error  (Read 8498 times)

sticky1202

Fatal Error
« on: April 20, 2013, 04:34:49 pm »
After years of successful use, I am suddenly getting a "fatal error" message and then shutdown of FS9 when flying out of DFW. In the error message, it says APPVER:9.1.0.40901 MODNAME fe.dll  MODVER 9.1.0.40901 OFFSET 0000326a  Due to a mixture of DLL files (some original 9.0, and some updated 9.1) I used the uninstall to remove the 9.1 update (hoping for a clean reinstall of the update). While the uninstall worked, it would not let me reinstall the update (error type 34). The DFW installation is current, and the FS9 crash does not happen when I disable FSDT DFW scenery and use the default scenery.

Several hours later, I then copied all of the 9.1 dlls from a clean install I had on my laptop (no addons) and replaced the 9.0 ones that I now have from the 9.1 uninstall (main computer). I also replaced the EXE file (9.1) with the one from my laptop. So my question is this: is it possible to decipher what is causing the crash from the information I have provided? It seems impossible to now install the 9.1 update with all of the hundreds of addons I currently have. With a clean installation of 9.1 on my laptop (which I never use), I should be able to copy all of the 9.1 files needed over to my main FS9 computer. The problem is, what files (other then the FS9 exe file and the DLL files in the modules folder) need to be transfered? I really don't want to give up my FSDT scenery after all of these years! HELP please!!   :(

Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fatal Error
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 05:08:48 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with any of our products, but is surely caused by the mis-match of files between the 9.0 and 9.1 version. It's not just the .DLLs that change, many BGL files from the default scenery are also patched.

You can try to remove the BACKUP folder, which is a backup the FS9.1 installer does and, if it's present, will prevent the 9.1 install to proceed. Also, be sure you run the FS9.1 setup executable from the FS9 root folder.

sticky1202

Re: Fatal Error
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 04:50:26 am »
Thank you... :(