Author Topic: Having huge issues with ENBR Bergen from Cloud9  (Read 16249 times)

Geir Haukland

Having huge issues with ENBR Bergen from Cloud9
« on: April 18, 2013, 05:41:49 pm »
As you can see of the picture, i have double gates and double terminal building, and i have also double construction yard behind the terminal,
how do i fix this, i tried removing it, rebooted, re-installed it, still double terminal building with double gates.. see picture..

http://digisatt.com/FSX/ENBR.jpg
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 08:45:07 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Having huge issues with ENBR Bergen from Cloud9
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 08:46:08 pm »
It's fairly normal that reinstalling the scenery won't fix this, because the problem is not the Cloud9 scenery, but *another* scenery (from which the double terminals comes), most likely an AFCAD in conflict.

Use the free FSX Airport Scanner to find AFCAD duplicates.

Geir Haukland

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 09:03:15 pm »
Did that, nothing. Came up empty. No AFCAD conflict. Have done everything by the book..

Take a look at this picture, here is ENBR disabled and same in fsx default is also disabled, but tell me were those buildings come from.

http://digisatt.com/FSX/ENBR_Default.jpg

If you know what to look for, please tell me as this is driving me mad..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 09:55:02 pm »
here is ENBR disabled

Which further confirms the problem was never the Cloud9 ENBR in the first place.

but tell me were those buildings come from.

Exactly as I've said, from another AFCAD in conflict, because they look like default. The most likely offenders are AFCADs installed with AI Traffic packages like MyTraffic or Traffic X, sometimes the scanner can't find them.

Geir Haukland

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 09:59:04 pm »
I never installed anything like that, nor will i. There has to be another file i overlooked, i just need to delete or rename it to get this working.. What next, i wont reinstall the whole thing, NEVER, if i have to, that would be the 4th time i do, i already pushed my luck registering the fsx that many time too.. Out of luck...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 10:01:18 pm »
Just disable all scenery areas in the Scenery Library, one by one, until they disappear, so you'll find at least which folder the file is in.

Geir Haukland

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 10:38:04 pm »
I did a lot better, i totally unistalled the cloud9 scenery, and restored the photscenery from flightsim.no and all went back to normal, well, the file will be stored and never used again, to many errors and double ups in it to be a full release, you have to alter the file and track down the faulty file, its you that made it, and you should fix it. And there goes my money as well, 160,- nok that i could spent on another scenery that work.

Do what ever you want with the account, as i wont be using any of your scenery this time. But i dont cry over 160,- nok - not worth it.. Lets see how long this topic stays.

Have a nice day all, and bye bye.. :-\

StigAndre7

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 12:18:32 am »
Sad to hear really. As I loved the scenery..Althought the AoN is very nice too. But it's the details that get me. I only bought enzv and enbr so i could get those nice 3d taxi nav lights *tweak*

Geir Haukland

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 02:40:33 am »
They have come along way with all the major airports in Norway when designing them, inkl 3d lights etc, incl ENGM, ENVA, ENBR and ENZV, i have purchased all of them, to no use, fps killers all, but then i discovered AoN, very nice indeed, i removed all of them, and installed AoN plus some other from them, i must say, i liked what i saw, no more stuttering, no more flickering, and most of all no fps loss..  ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 08:39:40 am »
I did a lot better, i totally unistalled the cloud9 scenery

If what you said here was true, you ALREADY disabled it!

here is ENBR disabled

The Cloud9 scenery at this stage WAS DISABLED, which means such double buildings couldn't come from it.

and restored the photscenery from flightsim.no and all went back to normal

Then it means that scenery was the problem, and restoring the photoscenery might have restored an exclusion area that comes with it, which is made to exclude either something from that scenery, or something coming from another 3rd party scenery.

It's likely if you reinstall the Cloud9 scenery, you won't see the problem either.

, well, the file will be stored and never used again, to many errors and double ups in it to be a full release

There are no errors and no double objects, and nobody else had this problem, and Cloud9 Bergen was released in early 2007.

you have to alter the file and track down the faulty file, its you that made it, and you should fix it.

Obviously wrong, YOU have a file coming from something ELSE in conflict that you must find. You can't expect a scenery would always work in every possible combination of other free or commercial add-ons.

And there goes my money as well, 160,- nok that i could spent on another scenery that work.

WHICH IS WHY, for exactly the above reason of not possibly guarantee compatibility with thousands of other add-ons, we offer a TRIAL VERSION, which is exactly the SAME as the full version (you don't download anything extra to unlock it, files are 100% the same), so you can check if the scenery works with YOUR combination of installed add-ons.

Do what ever you want with the account, as i wont be using any of your scenery this time.

You are obviously wrong, clearly proven both by the fact (according to YOUR description of the problem), when you disabled Cloud9 Bergen, the double buildings went away, and of course by the fact that nobody else had this problem in 7 years: don't you think that, if the double objects were really CAUSED by the scenery, everybody would see them just the same ?

But i dont cry over 160,- nok - not worth it.. Lets see how long this topic stays.

Perhaps, given your attitude of accusing to having being ripped-off somehow (in a scenery with A TRIAL ? that would mean you basically ripped-off yourself...), you are accustomed of having your post removed on a commercial forum, but here is different, since everybody can CHECK the products BEFORE purchasing them, we don't need to remove any posts like that.

In fact, it's more embarrassing for you if you if the post stays, since everybody (even non-customers, thanks to the Trial), can check how wrong you were, and can verify the problem you reported doesn't exists.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 01:37:52 pm »
This last post of yours clearly indicated your true self, and how wrong you were in the first place.

Now, of course, you are permanently banned from posting, because you violated the one and only rule to partecipate this forum (which you obviously agreed to when registering), which is civil behavior (that you are obviously not capable of), and not using offensive words against anyone in the forum.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 01:40:21 pm by virtuali »

StigAndre7

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 01:52:16 pm »
ler meg rett ihjel! It's all good Geir, I have such a temper too. Many of us do. After all, we are grown up kids having fun on forums and games/sims and what not. So we are allowed to behave a bit childish at times. Heck, aren't we all childish spending our free time like this? At least, lets admit that we are childish - then we can say we are mature enough to admit it;)

I must say I love the scenery! But I do have some shimmerings around the terminals - And it is getting very frustrating..

All in all, lovely product. EXCEPT THE BIRDS! Every time i touch down the nose wheel the seagulls starts yelling! And when I lift nose wheel also. Extremly annoying.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 09:17:50 pm by StigAndre7 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 09:45:21 pm »
All in all, lovely product. EXCEPT THE BIRDS! Every time i touch down the nose wheel the seagulls starts yelling! And when I lift nose wheel also. Extremly annoying.

Doesn't happen and nobody else reported it before. You must have made some kind of mix-up of files trying to fix the problem. There's no way an effect file related to this scenery only can affect your wheel touch sounds or in any case being related to the touch down in any way.

StigAndre7

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2013, 07:17:22 pm »

Doesn't happen and nobody else reported it before. You must have made some kind of mix-up of files trying to fix the problem. There's no way an effect file related to this scenery only can affect your wheel touch sounds or in any case being related to the touch down in any way.

A bit hasty post by me there. Indeed, I suspect a bug in a pay ware plane.

Hnla

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2013, 09:27:03 pm »
Virtuali, why don't you add a profanity filter to the posts ? I know SMF has an add-on package for a profanity filter, if I don't recall it already has one built in that you can just set..