Author Topic: Building problems with O'Hare  (Read 9095 times)

xtreme33guitar

Building problems with O'Hare
« on: April 02, 2013, 11:38:14 pm »
I have long been interested in using FSDreamTeam products with FSX.  I have other payware add-ons which all work wonderfully.  Upon downloading the demo of O'Hare, Vancouver, and Fort Lauderdale, I noticed at all three airports....all the scenery would run wonderfully and realistically aside from terminal buildings, apron buildings, well...buildings in general.  I tried reinstalling the demos to see if maybe I had a faulty file, but again....no buildings would show up.  The jet bridges appear but the buildings don't at any of the three airports. 
Ideas, suggestions?  I run aerosoft and TropicalSim additions as well as a few others if that helps.
Again...no buildings what so ever.
Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Building problems with O'Hare
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 12:36:38 am »
Do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" menus under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

xtreme33guitar

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 01:45:06 am »
I do indeed.  The second time I didn't in hopes that maybe I had screwed something up.  I have since tried a third way...that being to install the scenery files onto my desktop and moving them into my addon scenery folder in fsx...same problem persists.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 07:45:23 pm »
I do indeed.  The second time I didn't in hopes that maybe I had screwed something up.  I have since tried a third way...that being to install the scenery files onto my desktop and moving them into my addon scenery folder in fsx...same problem persists.

Never, EVER, try to install things manually, it's not the installer has "bugs" and forgets to install something...

You surely have screwed up something by doing this. Remove everything you manually installed, uninstall the scenery using the proper uninstaller (the one in the Add/Remove section of the Windows Control Panel), and reinstall it ONLY using its proper installer and be sure you use the CURRENT installer, as found on our website.

mattd319

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 06:12:26 pm »
On a somewhat related note regarding missing buildings (but jetways are appearing), I seem be having this kind of issue now.

At a distance, there are missing buildings:

However, if I slew the aircraft closer, the buildings will appear:

If I go back to where I was originally, they will still show.  It is as if I have to pre-load the entire airport (which on an arrival is not possible). 

Any thoughts on what could be the cause of this type of issue?  The buildings will show up, but only if I slew around the airport and load everything.  Fortunately the buildings will appear now, but they do not show up on an arrival.

I have done the following, yet the problem persists:
- Installed latest video card driver for GTX 660ti and ensured the transparency antialiasing setting is off
- Downloaded and installed latest addon manager
- Uninstalled and re-installed ORD
- Reduced my FSX texture and display settings
- Tried the dynamicshaddows fix elsewhere in the forum
- Had FSX rebuild the FSX.CFG file according to the forum

The only other addon I am using is REX Essential Plus and read there was an issue about REX overwriting files a while back.  Posting in their forum, I am told that issue was fixed a long time ago.  Just was wondering if there is anything else I can do?  Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 07:42:34 pm »
However, if I slew the aircraft closer, the buildings will appear:

This has been discussed many times in the forum, and it's because you must have the Compatibility mode enabled for FSX.EXE. It should be off, as FSX defaults to.

mattd319

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 08:10:50 pm »
Thank you, but I am showing I am not running FSX.EXE in compatibility mode.  Any thoughts?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 09:00:27 pm »
Thank you, but I am showing I am not running FSX.EXE in compatibility mode.  Any thoughts?

It's possible the issue will happen just the same if you run any other FSX add-on in Compatibility mode. Any other user that reported buildings showing up only when going close, fixed it by disabling the Compatibility mode.

mattd319

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 09:32:48 pm »
It's possible the issue will happen just the same if you run any other FSX add-on in Compatibility mode. Any other user that reported buildings showing up only when going close, fixed it by disabling the Compatibility mode.

Thank you.  Although FSX was not running in any compatibility mode, my REX weather addon was.  I removed that setting, and now appears to be working. 

BrandonLH81

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 07:48:18 pm »
I am having the same issues running with REX  . I am not running compatilabilty mode with FSX or REX , Any also have Cou atl powered products in my addon bar as well as the addon manager . Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 11:52:49 pm »
As explained in the rest of the thread, this problem is caused by *something* that is running in Compatibility mode.

The Compatibility mode forces video drivers to behave differently (they revert to the WDDM 1.0 model) and this usually cause visual problems with sceneries that fully use your video card.

So, anything that's running in your system in Compatibility mode, especially if it's something that starts with FSX (REX is just *one* of the many possible causes, not the only one) can cause this.