Author Topic: LAS question  (Read 12225 times)

pablo636

LAS question
« on: March 29, 2013, 06:13:40 pm »
Hello,
I've just installed the LAS airport, a nice addition to my fsdt collection!
So, I went to look around to see how is, and I've noticed that just outside the airport there is a step, like the airport elevation, but it go a little under the sea level..i'm seeing like a hill...but reversed
I don't know if it's clear...anyway more I approach this reversed hill, more it moves away..
I don't know if is a mesh problem or what else!
I have set the mesh slider to 10m, like the DFW manual say, and I use an addon mesh for the u.s.a.

thanks for any suggestion!
I've installed the airport like all other fsdt airports, no antivirus, and with admin permissions!
Regards

Paolo

StevenK

Re: LAS question
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 07:31:22 pm »
and I use an addon mesh for the u.s.a.

This is probably the cause of this...
Try to disable the mesh addon and see if you get the same results
Steven Kiberton
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.3Ghz | Coolermaster Hyper TX3 | ASUS Motherboard M5A 78L-M | 16GB DDR3 RAM | EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1gb PCI Express DDR3 DVI HDMI | 750w Corsair AX750 | 1TB HDD + 120GB SSD | x2 - 20" WideScreen Monitors

Flyingnut

• Flyingnut
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 11:07:53 pm »
Marty
PPL - Instrument Rating

pablo636

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 10:54:25 am »
thanks for hints...but it is not the problem I see...in the screenshots posted on that post is an elevation issue.
I don't think the problem is the mesh addon, because I can't reach the point where the terrain became "normal",as it move away when I approaching the step...and as I said the step problem is reversed...is like 3ft under the sea level...
I will post a screenshot later to show you what I see! ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 12:35:49 pm »
The problem is surely caused by your add-on mesh, KLAS comes with an entirely flat mesh, so it's not possible it would go into negative altitudes.

pablo636

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 05:25:04 pm »
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 09:57:28 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 10:01:32 pm »
Can't see anything like that, and nobody reported this problem so, it's just confirmed the problem is caused by your add-on mesh. Try to lower your Mesh resolution slider (try 10 meters resolution) and see if it goes away.

pablo636

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 10:29:33 pm »
actually I have it at 10m...because I own DFW that require the mesh at 10m...and I've tried without the mesh but the problem is here!
Today I was approaching LAS, and I can see this "step"...in front of me that move in direction of airport...and when I am departing from airport, this "step", is moving away from the airport!
I have also tried to disable your scenery to see if the problem stay, and also without the scenery... there isn't!
So I think that there is something that cause this anomaly around the airport...but I don't know where to see!!
thanks

I don't know if this can help, but the gsx follow me car, don't follow the airport lines, it move out of taxiway and it take strange ways to bring me to the gate
I never had a scenery for LAS or other afcad working on it!

pablo636

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 10:51:13 pm »
Umberto, problem solved!
I have renamed the file mesh_terrain.bgl...and the issue is vanished!
Thanks anyway
Paolo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 10:43:00 am »
I have renamed the file mesh_terrain.bgl...and the issue is vanished!

Which is strange, because that file is supposed to *prevent* exactly that.

I'm still fairly sure the problem was an add-on mesh, because I can't see what you are describing, and of course I have that file installed and active. Fact you said it was "moving" with the airport, seems to indicate the problem was some kind of interaction between the two, likely tied to some non-standard setting or tweak you applied.

pablo636

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 11:49:49 am »
hello Umberto, and Happy Easter!
Well, the fact is that also with the mesh addon disabled the problem is there...so I don't know what its causing this strange issue!
Maybe to see what I am describing, a video was explaining well than pictures...but I don't know how to make a movie!
I have the mostly used tweaks in fsx...nothing strange!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 04:34:00 pm »
There's no need to provide a video, I can figure the problem but, as I've said, it must be related to some settings you have that affects meshes in some way. As I've said, I don't see anything like that, and nobody else reported this problem as you described it. But if the problem was fixed by removing that file, that's ok, since it doesn't do anything else other than prevent such problems caused by other meshes. If it doesn't on your system, you are not losing anything by removing it.

pablo636

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 09:36:26 am »
Of course, if the problem is solved is ok, but I would like to know what is causing some strange problems in many parts of my fs world!
First here in LAS, then in an other pair of airports where I'm experiencing crash on invisible objects, where the last week I was able to use that airport without problems!
Initially I've imputed this at the mesh..like you said, but I have disabled the mesh and the modified flattening mesh for some airports I've done with AFM...but the problem still remain!
Anyway...I disabled the crash detection...and problem solved! ::)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 10:39:22 am »
As I've said, it's fairly obvious from your description, the problem is caused by another mesh in conflict. Which is confirmed by the fact you are now saying it happens at other places too, not just FSDT airports.

pablo636

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 11:39:48 am »
But also with the addon mesh disabled? Do I uninstall them? Is not enough disable them from the library?
I have disabled it, and of course...the problem is not fsdt airport, I wrote here because I've seen this problem only in LAS...and not in the others fsdt products!!