Author Topic: ATC Gate Assignments CYVR  (Read 4821 times)

jrdash8

ATC Gate Assignments CYVR
« on: March 29, 2013, 06:21:41 am »
Hello,

First, thanks for creating CYVR and GSX.  They are amazing products.  I have one question about gate assignments.  I fly 4 aircraft on a regular basis in FSX to YVR from various locations.  The aircraft are all payware: Majestic Dash8-Q300, JustFlight/BlackBox 737-200, PMDG 737NGX 6,7,8,9 series, and PMDG 747-400X Queen of the Skies. With the dash 8 and 737's, almost every time I land at CYVR, i'm directed by ATC to the Alpha1 through Delta1 parking out on the South Terminal apron. Only when I do an international flight from say LAX with the PMDG products do I get to park at Gate 81. Any info would be appreciated, because as nice as the south apron is......it would be nice to use the other 9/10ths of the scenery once in awhile. :-)

Thanks.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: ATC Gate Assignments CYVR
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 08:33:24 am »
 FSDT set all the gates as Mil_Cargo to eliminate the default tugs and support vehicles. So as far as the ATC is concerned there are no gates when you request one. Just go park where you want or where you think is appropriate.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ATC Gate Assignments CYVR
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 02:14:22 pm »
So as far as the ATC is concerned there are no gates when you request one.

Well, not exactly, it's not the FSX ATC thinks there are not gates, it just doesn't have any special preference based on airplane type, so it will assign to some parking, depending on the airplane size.