Author Topic: Can GSX and AES work hand in hand together?  (Read 7701 times)

SgtMav316

Can GSX and AES work hand in hand together?
« on: March 27, 2013, 07:35:39 pm »
I am currently looking at the Demo Version of GSX (havent decided yet if I like it). I am thinking about getting it because of its compatibility with every airport in the sim. With that said, some of the animations need tweaking in GSX. I noticed that some of the catering vehicles drive way too fast and make abrupt maneuvers around the aircraft before settling in to do their job. :o! Some of the vehicles for the lack of words look default and not highly detailed as AES vehicles. Which now brings up my scenerio!  ???

Lets say I pull up to a gate at my designated airport. Can I know I can configure AES to eliminate certain services such as the Baggage loaders which is not active in AES (but getting there). I like the GSX baggage loader feature with all the animations. Is there a way to eliminate the fuel truck and rear cleaning services from GSX. Because we have no animation in this area for GSX. AES is currently working on new animations for the cleaning crew and fuel truck. Currently when Cleaning SVCs in AES is dispatched the toilet and water service truck driver gets out and goes to the back of his vehicle and an animation shows him get on a lift and he is conducting his business. (This is not available in GSX). There is also a van that pulls up to the rear steps of the aircraft and two workers get out. It is planned in the future for animation to show these guys walking into the aircraft clean it and walk back out. (none of this available in GSX).

The fuel truck driver pulls up to the aircraft, gets out and plugs the fuel extractor into the ground. He then goes to a lift where it appears he deploys a probe that plugs into the wing of the aircraft to make it look like its being fueled (GSX has a fuel truck pull up and sit there and then drive off). AES has Catering services as well so I guess I would turn off some of the GSX support at AES Supported airports.

But the main thing is can both animations support one another at the same airport at the same time ? ??? That would be cool  8) But for now I have to say AES is improving and with limited airports and having to pay for credits to activate new airports it sucks, but AES animation has improved alot. But I might just purchase GSX anyway just to get the support units at airports that are otherwise unsupported by AES. Would be cool if you could operate both GSX and AES at the same time!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can GSX and AES work hand in hand together?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 09:06:41 am »
Some of the vehicles for the lack of words look default and not highly detailed as AES vehicles

Then you are probably seeing default vehicles or, perhaps, vehicles supplied with a scenery, not GSX ones.

Is there a way to eliminate the fuel truck

Just not call it. No GSX service comes automatically without you calling it.

and rear cleaning services from GSX.

There are no cleaning services in GSX at all so, there's nothing to remove, this might confirm you are looking at other service vehicles and confusing them for being from GSX, that's the only way you could say AES vehicles are more detailed.

It is planned in the future for animation to show these guys walking into the aircraft clean it and walk back out. (none of this available in GSX).

You can bet that, when we'll add cleaning vehicles to GSX, they will have superior animation, like the baggage handlers already have. The Fuel vehicles will be drastically improved in the future too.

But the main thing is can both animations support one another at the same airport at the same time ? ???

If you search all forums, the most common question user pose, is how to use AES for jetways only (at those 3rd party airports that have fixed jetways) and GSX for everything else.

There are no problems from GSX side, you just don't call a specific GSX service, like the fuel vehicle. The problems are all on AES end, which starts moving vehicles automatically when you open its menu.

But for now I have to say AES is improving and with limited airports

Exactly. Just consider this: when we improve something, it affects 20.000 airports at once...

alfke

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 11:55:06 pm »
Quote from: virtuali

Exactly. Just consider this: when we improve something, it affects 20.000 airports at once...

Personally, I absolutely love the freedom to fly to any airport and have GSX at my fingertips. AES cannot say that, and it's bad enough to pay to use their product at airports, but even worse that not all airports are supported.

SgtMav316

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 01:30:48 am »
I agree with all comments made guys! I appreciate the honesty. Dont get me wrong GSX is a very good product that can be used at any airport and that is the Big thing it has over AES. As for it working hand and hand with AES I discovered dinkering with the controls the answer was "YES" I did notice glitches in AES when I summoned certain GSX services. But it was all good, I am not stomping down GSX. I know it is fairly new and I look forward to the improvements. I purchased it last night becasue when I saw that it could operate at the same time as AES, it was a Bonus! Now I can have the best of both worlds!

I am still an avid FS9 simmer, I am never going to give it....atleast now that I have FSX running smoothly on my upgraded rig. I have tons of tweaking to do obviously. The graphics look more crisper in FS9 than in FSX (but that is another subject matter)! lol But right now I am very pleased with GSX! I absolutely give it a big thumbs up for being active at every airport in the sim! As for AES I have been using it for years way back when the marshaller walked like he had something stuck his rear lmao! Seeing as how that has improved I cant wait to see what GSX will evolve into ! Keep up the great work! That is why I keep coming back for more products from this site!

spreilly

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 02:07:59 pm »
If you want to use AES for the jetways only, just disable all doors in the AES Menu except the main door. However, you will get both GSX airstairs and AES airstairs at airports without jetways.

Rónán O Cadhain

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 12:45:36 pm »
If you want to use AES for the jetways only, just disable all doors in the AES Menu except the main door. However, you will get both GSX airstairs and AES airstairs at airports without jetways.
Yes, this is one thing I'd like to see with GSX, the ability for the front stairs only to appear on user request, that way we can use animated Jetways at add-on airports, but still get GSX for everything else. Is there a chance something like this could be implemented?

Regards,
Ró.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 07:03:44 pm »
Yes, this is one thing I'd like to see with GSX, the ability for the front stairs only to appear on user request, that way we can use animated Jetways at add-on airports, but still get GSX for everything else. Is there a chance something like this could be implemented?

The ability to remove front stairs from GSX is there since many version ago, when the scenery customization editor was added.

The issue with 3rd party add-ons that use static jetways and are eventually animated with AES, is that there's no way for GSX to automatically detect them as it does with default sceneries or sceneries with real FSX jetways. So GSX needs some help at such sceneries to know which parking spot have jetways.

This can be done very easily with the Airport customization page, with the "Parking Has a Jetway" option. The other related option in the same page, "Disable stairs", disables even the rear stairs too which normally appear on a jetway-equipped parking.

Since the editor can apply a setting to a group of parking spots, a whole terminal or even the whole airport in a single click, it's really easy to prepare an airport with static jetways that way.