Author Topic: Gate sizes at CYHZ - Halifax  (Read 4523 times)

ofentress

Gate sizes at CYHZ - Halifax
« on: March 23, 2013, 06:07:43 pm »
Using FSX at Halifax (CYHZ), gates 22, 24, 27 are listed for heavy aircraft but when trying to get into either of those gates usinga 767 or MD 11, GSX says that the aircraft is too large for those gates. The only gate that I've found that would accomodate these aircraft is 28. Is there a way to use these gates for aircraft of this type?

Jack Fentress

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gate sizes at CYHZ - Halifax
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 08:14:22 pm »
Using FSX at Halifax (CYHZ), gates 22, 24, 27 are listed for heavy aircraft

That's just a label, what counts is the parking radius as defined in the scenery.

but when trying to get into either of those gates usinga 767 or MD 11, GSX says that the aircraft is too large for those gates. The only gate that I've found that would accomodate these aircraft is 28. Is there a way to use these gates for aircraft of this type?

The answer can be found in the GSX manual, Page 24, the explanation of the "Max allowed wingspan" parameter of the parking customization page.

ofentress

Re: Gate sizes at CYHZ - Halifax
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 06:29:31 pm »
Umberto...........

Thanks for the enlightening reply.  I did as you suggested at those particular gates and now they accept the larger aircraft. I never realized how easy it was.  I always thought making those kind of changes would be very daunting.

GSX!  What a great addition to the Simulator.

Jack