Author Topic: jetways detached  (Read 7615 times)

abh_jc_03

jetways detached
« on: March 18, 2013, 06:56:14 pm »

I have no idea why this is happening.

theshack440

Re: jetways detached
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 08:57:07 pm »
It appears that you have another AFCAD conflicting with the FSDT one. I would suggest searching your addon scenery folder or using the free AFCAD locater tool that Umberto has suggested in other threads (http://www.downloadcenter.scruffyduck.org.uk/). Hope this helps.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

abh_jc_03

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 05:08:15 pm »
It showed no duplicates but had about 150 plus of messages popping up saying scenery files were missing in default terrain, all my FSDreamteam files, Base 100-1000 scenery missing.  I don't know what all this means.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 08:19:11 pm »
It showed no duplicates but had about 150 plus of messages popping up saying scenery files were missing in default terrain, all my FSDreamteam files, Base 100-1000 scenery missing.  I don't know what all this means.

Something is very wrong with your FSX install, but if you see messages about default terrain and scenery files missing, the problem goes beyond our sceneries, perhaps your scenery.cfg has a problem.

abh_jc_03

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 10:55:30 pm »
How do I go about fixing the scenery.cfg problem?

theshack440

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 02:10:39 pm »
I am not 100% sure but I am pretty sure that if you delete your scenery.cfg file FSX will immediately create a new (default) one.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 02:12:33 pm »
Sure, but he'll have to reinstall of his sceneries then, which might be long if there are lots of freeware without installers, but of course, if the error can't be spotted at first sight, it's the only option.

abh_jc_03

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 06:19:55 pm »
Well I went ahead and deleted the scenery.cfg file and when I went to start fsx it said " The Scenery.cfg file is missing or damaged. Please reinstall Flight Simulator to restore or repair the file. Flight Simulator will now exit."  Looks like I'm now going to have to reinstall all my planes and liveries, scenery, config all my FSUIPC profiles now. Learning lesson. Please share with others if they have the same problem to NOT delete that file. I know the fsx.cfg will rebuild itself but apparently not scenery.cfg.

Flyingnut

• Flyingnut
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 11:04:52 pm »
Why didn't you just rename or move the scenery config so that FSX would not see it?  Thay way you could replace it and try to find the problem within the file.
Marty
PPL - Instrument Rating

abh_jc_03

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 11:19:41 pm »
That is a good question. I searched the Internet and found answers about the fsx cfg file but nothing on scenery cfg. Like I stated it is a learning lesson. Fsx likes to freeze on me anyway so probably a good time to reinstall and hope it doesn't freeze this time.

toriu

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 09:45:24 pm »
According to other posts I've read, the scenery cfg file should never be delated.
HAF932 850WPSU X58Chipset I7-920(OC@4.0Ghz)
12GBDDR3-1600MHz Radeon5850-1GBx2 W7HP64bit
FSX-Accel REX-Essential UTEur/USA FDC PFE TrafficX
FTX-PFJ,FTX-CRM,FTX-NRM,FTX-PNW,UK2000-EGLL
FSDT-GSX,FSDT-KJFK,FSDT-CYVR, fsgenesis CS-767
FTX-ENG,FTX-SCO

[img]http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 09:48:54 pm »
As I've said, IF the problem it's in the scenery.cfg being corrupted, either you KNOW how to fix it, or you should remove it, so FSX will create a new one. But of course, if FSX creates a new one, it will only contain default scenery areas, so every scenery will either be reinstalled, or its area should be manually added, which might be complex, but it's not there are any other choices, if you don't know how to fix it.