Author Topic: Still missing jetways. (partial maybe not FSDT's?)  (Read 17659 times)

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
Re: Still missing jetways. (partial maybe not FSDT's?)
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 02:35:14 pm »
This is the file PHNL-HonoluluIntl.BGL inside megascenery folder if it's megascenery the problem.
In the screenshot it show what happen if you let PHNL-HonoluluIntl.BGL take top priority.
You can see that only few active jetway and not static are there.
There are also other method to check which AFACD is active by selecting custom parking,
where our AFCAD have literally more spot, then the one from Megascenery.
Anyway if you can't workout we can check via TeamViewer session or we will goes on and on.
Please attach this file "Scenery.CFG" from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX I can check the library order.

studentpilot55

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 07:31:18 pm »
Here is my scener.cfg and fsx.cfg (just in case)
Intel i5-2500K @ 4.7GHZ
12GB Ram
W7-64bit
256GB-SSD
750W Powersupply
nVidia GTX 460 1GB

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 06:33:19 pm »
 Are you sure that is the correct scenery.cfg?  You need the one from your C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX folder.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 07:08:02 pm »
Exactly, that's not your scenery.cfg in use, it's the Backup which FSX keeps in its folder, which will be used to restore an all-default configuration.

NO 3rd party scenery should be put there and, it's strange the only non-default scenery area you have in that folder is Megascenery. If their installer put that line...well...it's just wrong (and maybe THAT'S what is causing your conflict) and if you added it manually...remove it.

The scenery.cfg in use it's the one under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX.

studentpilot55

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 06:20:28 am »
Are you sure that is the correct scenery.cfg?  You need the one from your C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX folder.
I am 100% sure.

Edit: There was 2 files here is the second 1
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 06:22:37 am by studentpilot55 »
Intel i5-2500K @ 4.7GHZ
12GB Ram
W7-64bit
256GB-SSD
750W Powersupply
nVidia GTX 460 1GB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 10:18:49 am »
I am 100% sure.

Edit: There was 2 files here is the second 1

I'm sorry, but I can only repeat and confirm that is NOT your scenery.cfg in use.

There's no area in it for FSDT PHNL or any other 3rd party scenery, everything is default except for the area for Megascenery. Since from your screenshots you DO see FSDT PHNL, this indicates the scenery.cfg you posted is NOT the one in use, but the default which is not read, but it's used as a backup by FSX in case the actual one gets corrupted.

meshman

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 06:03:10 pm »
Since he's on Win7, he might look at this location for his active Scenery.cfg file; C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\FSX

That's where mine is located.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 08:23:06 pm »
Since he's on Win7, he might look at this location for his active Scenery.cfg file; C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\FSX

That's where mine is located.

C:\Users\All Users it's just a shortcut to the real folder, which is C:\ProgramData\ you can see it has the shortcut icon, and if you right-click on it and select its properties, it points to C:\ProgramData...

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 09:52:44 pm »
This is my advice.
I have tried to check my installation of Megascenery and there is nothing that can be trouble our scenery in this way So.
My opinion is that something is corrupted inside Megascenery and create this trouble.
Do a check disk before doing anything.
Select your SSD, then tools tab click Check Now, it will tell that windows is in use, cancel and then  click on schedule disk check.
Once you restart windows it will check your SSD, after booting deactivate your Antivirus (always) .
I advice to re download Megascenery with the tool you used to download PHNL, in the mean time uninstall as normal with your tool or via windows official uninstall , and be sure to delete the folder of megascenery if still there.
No need to unistall FSDT Airport
Install Megascenery  with administrator right(very important) right click "Run as Administrator" then apply the patch same as administrator method.
In FSX  Library manager move Megascenery down below all Hawaiian airport.
An advice for the next time don't install FSX and add-on in Program Files (x86).

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2012, 11:17:39 am »
Please report any update on this, if you tried to follow my advice?

studentpilot55

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2013, 02:59:30 pm »
Sorry for the late response but yes I recently switched to windows 8 and it decided to work!
Intel i5-2500K @ 4.7GHZ
12GB Ram
W7-64bit
256GB-SSD
750W Powersupply
nVidia GTX 460 1GB