Author Topic: GSX not working in P3D Legacy Mode  (Read 3730 times)

pipeorgan

GSX not working in P3D Legacy Mode
« on: March 09, 2013, 07:25:47 pm »
When I run P3D in Legacy mode GSX modules are not activated. Is there any way to overcome this as I use Legacy mode quite often to run the RealAir Lancair Legacy, with all the amazing sound effects?

John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not working in P3D Legacy Mode
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 09:53:42 pm »
There's no such thing as "legacy mode" for Prepar3D. Maybe you mean the Legacy mode of the "FSX to Prepar3D Migration Tool" 3rd party program, which is explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7237.0

The aforementioned post indicates a possible solution but, according to its author, the latest version of that tool sets that environment variable automatically so, you should be able to use it without any special configuration, if you simply update the migration tool to the most current version.

pipeorgan

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 09:14:05 am »
Thank you for your excellent response. Yes I am referring to the migration tool.

I am already using the latest version of the migration tool so will try a few more tests before posting on the migration tool forum.

Cheers. John

pipeorgan

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 03:28:03 pm »
I would like to confirm that Pavvo has now solved the problem and issued an update 1.8.5 so I can now run GSX when in Legacy mode using the Migration tool:-)

John