Author Topic: Preselecting the Gate at Arrival Airport  (Read 6158 times)

mroschk

Preselecting the Gate at Arrival Airport
« on: March 09, 2013, 09:18:01 pm »
Hello,

i want to ask if it is possible to select a Arrival Gate shortly before landing at arrival Airport?

Lets say in about a range of 20 NM comes up a Manu with the Airports in Range.
Then we can select the Airport and after that the Gate.
After landing the Marshaller comes automatically and shows us the right way :-)

I ask because after landing the pilots are very bussy. Also i know most times the real pilots knows the Gate of arrival.

Is that possible?
If yes it will be a very nice function!

Thanks
Matthias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Preselecting the Gate at Arrival Airport
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 09:36:23 pm »
I think you are far busy while doing the approach (contacting ATC, flying the airplane in the approach...), rather then after landing. And it would be fairly complex, because a menu should list nearby airports, you'll have to select one, the airport AFCAD should be read, a list of parking being presented.

Cumbersome and without any real benefit, because it won't add anything to what GSX does right now, just a different way to do something you can do already so, it's best we'd spend our limited time and resources to add *new* features, not just new ways to do the same things.

mroschk

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 10:17:19 pm »
Hello,

i know what you mean.
So what about selecting the Gate prior to the departure??

I would be really nice to be able to do this before landing.

Matthias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 10:28:32 pm »
So what about selecting the Gate prior to the departure??

I really don't see the point of it, you might have to switch to an alternate airport, or your gate might be different just because you landed on a different runway because of a weather change.

But as I've said, the main issue is: it's best to spend our time have entirely new features, rather than adding a different way to do something you can already do.

mroschk

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 11:51:25 pm »
Hello,

i see, it is not soooo easy. But i hope you will think about this when you have the
other, more impotant, features ready.

Btw: What about Passengers, ASU, APU, Deicing ?

Matthias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 10:46:52 am »
Btw: What about Passengers, ASU, APU, Deicing ?

We were so aware that Passengers are the most requested feature, that we even put a box in the manual about it. But of course, it's also the most difficult feature, so it's more likely we'll have to keep it away for an entirely new GSX version, rather than just an upgrade.

As explained many other times already in the forum, the next update will allow to freely select the ground operator. Deicers and water/lavatory vehicles should come in the next update after that.

That concludes the list of things we promised. Any other new feature should be considered "nice to have, we'll look into it", but not as a promise.

mroschk

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 11:01:21 am »
Hello,

thanks a lot for that information...

I know the update will come when it is ready .. hope it's not so far :-)

Matthias

cowings1588

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 09:00:40 am »
Hello,

i want to ask if it is possible to select a Arrival Gate shortly before landing at arrival Airport?
(This is what I wish we could do with when talking to tower upon approach more than GSX.. I wish Someone could program ATC to allow us to call our gate & if for some reason its occupied & but ATC new that the AI plane would be departing soon, once we got on the ground, Ground Control would park us somewhere out of the way but close by our gate so we can standby for our gate we select instead of getting random gates when talking to Ground Control.. Thats how they do it real world.. I've listen to tower enough times I know they ask the pilot what gate there going too, then relay it to ground & once you contact ground there guiding you to the gate you told them not what they selected for you on random).. I wish someone like Aerosoft or someone from Microsoft Games could still get into Flightsim X & change the setting to ATC so it would do this.. I don't even use ground control on arrivals because it never gives me the gate I want.. I use United.com & go by actual flights & use the gate there given as my gate for whatever flight # I'm flying that day. FS ATC always has been randomized gate selection. I wish really someone could get into ATC & change it alittle to where its more accurate & it will ask you what gate your going to on final approach at the same time there clearing you for landing is usually when they ask what gate & pilot will say D1 for example & then once he contacts ground, ground will tell him to take taxiway such & such, & hold & etc until they get him to the gate..

Lets say in about a range of 20 NM comes up a Manu with the Airports in Range.
Then we can select the Airport and after that the Gate.
After landing the Marshaller comes automatically and shows us the right way :-)

I ask because after landing the pilots are very bussy. Also i know most times the real pilots knows the Gate of arrival.

Is that possible?
If yes it will be a very nice function!

Thanks
Matthias
COA
Bill

cowings1588

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 09:11:40 am »
Continuing, Like I said before I don't actually let ground guide me to my arrival gate because they always give you a random gate that sometimes don't even belong to my airline.. So I may go to ground freq but I don't select the part where it says gate but rather chance it & just taxi myself & just watch out for other aircraft.. Which kind of seems awkward because going against grounds permission & going around live taxiways with ground not stopping other aircraft but also actually getting to actual gate I'm really suppose to be at & if I was to select that & they gave me a random gate I never went to & if I wanted to do a turn flight that goes back out, It won't have the selection for getting back to allowing me to ask for taxi to runway permission simply because I didn't go to the gate it selected for me..

So Next real good Flightsim that ever comes out if there ever is one like FSX, I hope it would have a ATC that will have this feature.. I still wish someone like Aerosoft or someone could still get into FSX's ATC & make those changes.. However that what you said sounds more like ATC issue rather than a GSX issue..
COA
Bill