Author Topic: Textures not loading until a few miles out  (Read 7848 times)

BillyUAL

Textures not loading until a few miles out
« on: March 09, 2013, 03:23:15 pm »
I just purchased KLAS and when I fly around the area once I'm about 3-4 miles away the airport appears as a black patch. Is there a way to keep the airport textures loaded?

EDIT: this also happens in FSX for this addon.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Textures not loading until a few miles out
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 06:28:05 pm »
It can't be the same for FSX and FS9, because they are entirely different kind of textures and methods of loading. And, it's usually a grey patch, not black one.

If it's a grey one, and happening a bit farther away, it's normal (under FS9). If it's black and so close, it's not normal, can't replicate it, and nobody ever reported it before, in either version of the sim.

BillyUAL

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 06:45:50 pm »
Umberto,
I'll show you pics if you can tell me how to take a screen shot and post it.

EDIT: Here are the same shots in FS9 then FSX from 13 miles out of RWY 25L. If this is typical is there a way to maximize the load range? You can see the buildings but not the ground textures.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 07:03:59 pm by BillyUAL »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 09:57:47 pm »
Ok, that's confirm what I've said: first, the patch is surely not black, but it's dark grey/green. But, you said the problem was at 3-4 NM out, which sounded a bit strange, now you say it's 13NM out, which is also what the DME in your screenshots shows.

There's nothing we can do to increase range over than 13NM, that's just a built-in limitation of the kind of polygons used in the airport, which still use FS8 code. We might eventually fix this with a future upgrade of KLAS, but in FSX only, FS9 will always stay that way.

BillyUAL

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 01:00:08 am »
Ok, I just never noticed it in your KLAX so I thought I had done something incorrect. No worries as it doesn't bother me that much. Thanks for your reply.